Quick Release Rim Options

After using Exways quick release rims for so long, it’s hard for me to go back to anything other than quick release or tubeless rims. Knowing that I can swap a flat in under 3 mintues is amazing, and completely eliminates my worries about popping a tube.

Newbee and linnpower both have quick release rims, however they are both very wide, and only newbees has a mbs pattern.

Are there any other options available? I’d love to get a list going

2 Likes

I’d also love to see more (+affordable) options that have this feature. I carry a complete spare because of how tedious it is to swap tubes.

3 Likes

I’m realizing some of the downsides of the gear drives I’m running. A flat to the back wheel means having to re loctite it then wait 24 hours. A quick release rim eliminate that issue completely

2 Likes

Aren’t virtually all of esk8 hub made from two individual parts and hence quick release ?

They alo require unbolting for the most part. Theres a couple that are twist locks, like the newbee ones now.

1 Like

I guess I’m referring to the ones that can have the tire and tube changed without unscrewing bolts holding it together.

Exway, linnpower, and newbee all have this feature on their rims now.

1 Like

Nice haven’t seen one of them in person yet

It sucks that they are so absurdly wide I don’t think a normal 7-8 inch tire will stretch that much :sweat_smile:

I keep pestering Ethan for 55~ mm wide versions @Ean.esk8 :smile:

1 Like

8" tires will fit, but they look awful when they are that stretched.

a couple years ago, I never would have dreamed of the day I bitched about rims being TOO WIDE… but here we are

1 Like

See the issue is you not getting some fat rubber on there. Gotta join the wide tire gang.