Questionable origins

Just saw these on a chinese goods website… and other “made in the USA” products. Very confused… are we looking at the real deal nowadays?

2 Likes

Yep those look real. A retailer perhaps?

1 Like

Do you have a link?

1 Like

it was one of those mass shopping websites, can’t recall the search phrase. However I had bought another item from the same site, but this one didn’t have any claim it was made in the US - but when the item arrived… it was the original “US” product… which leads me to question what is really going on?

I figured they would think I’d be happier getting the “real” product instead, when I knew I was paying for the knock-off.

1 Like

Yeah normally that suprise works the other way around. Maybe you’ve found a gem?

2 Likes

I watched a documentary on schenzhen markets a little while a go and they had products with ‘made in the usa’ on them even though they were definitely made in china so I don’t think that label really means anything.

1 Like

Perhaps this is one of the ways around the US trade tariffs? Are the US suppliers / biz owners giving their local customers the runaround? The question that plagues many of us… are you really getting what you believe you paid for? Ie… are those Otang wheels that you own really cooked in the US anymore?

1 Like

I definitely don’t think it applies to all US products but there are definitely some out there with made in the USA on them that aren’t. My personal favourites were the confederacy stuff. :joy:

3 Likes

Made in USA is pretty meaningless as a trade term…
when something is ‘made’ what does that entail? the design, the manufacturing, the assemble or the packing and shipping? Any of these can and have been argued successfully in court.

1 Like