Question about smart bms

Hey fellas. I have a question

Currently using a 8a charger for on go
But for some reason it seems like the smart bms is limiting charge current down to 5a
No matter how low the battery level is it will never go over what’s shown in the picture

Is there a way to change that through the bms settings in the app!?
I happen to have access to android app as well.

@M.Hboards I know you have experience with these bms. This one is installed in one of your packs😁

Any help will be highly appreciated

pack is a 12s8p made with 30q

TY

1 Like

Can’t answer but what app is this :grin:

1 Like

Dammit brother. You ain’t helping :rofl:
Link below :grin:

3 Likes

I dont think it is limiting you, I think what you are seeing is your actual charge current. I have the same thing with my 4amp charger, it actually charges at 2.9 lol!

2 Likes

Do you have a clamp on ammeter? You could clamp around either the possitive or negative charge lead and it will tell you your current flow

2 Likes

Haha yeah. I understand what you mean.
But for gods sake. I’m using an 8a charger and no matter how drained the pack is thing doesn’t go over 5a

1 Like

All love :pray:t2:

1 Like

Ima fix my watt meter to fit my charge port later today. Maybe that’ll shine some light down on me :rofl:

1 Like

Keep us updated, I’d like to see if I can get mine to charge at actual 4amps, but I have a feeling these chargers we have say one thing, but do another.

2 Likes

Hope you got those @Boardnamics plates to work without having to file down your new hangers :man_facepalming:t2::rofl:

Haha. I don’t think so man.
All my other boards charging jam with this same charger

I think it might be your charger. I connected mine to a 12 amp charger and it reads the current input correctly

3 Likes

See. Exactly what I mean. I wanna see that current go over 7a at least.
Ima double check my charger once I get my watt meter working

Nope I ain’t filing a dang Black anodized hanger, just have to “tighten the screws because they won’t strip even if I did it 1000 times” remember🤣

1 Like

What battery you chargin??

Precision shit that works like a monster truck in the middle of LA traffic :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

What charge port are you using out of interest? Sounds like your charger is over speced? Talking itself up?

2 Likes

Custom 12s 9p ebike battery from a bunch of repurposed Battery Hookups ATL hoverboard packs.

3 Likes

CNLINKO 2 Pin M16 Size Power Industrial Circular Connector, Male Plug & Female Panel Mount Socket Receptacles, Outdoor Waterproof IP67, AC DC Signal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SVWT1F8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IVZMEb9DRVFZ0

Thats my combo

1 Like

Sweet :call_me_hand:t3: Was wondering what pack could take that current easily :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes