Push fit pulley options - a guide

the D is 5.5mm and shafts are about 19.1mm long

1 Like

reversed cores on the TB110s makes so much sense because when I push them in from the wrong side they fit way better.

1 Like

They are slightly too short then, I think for that core. They need to be 19.5mm and 20mm to 22mm is much better.

Can you put some heatshrink tubing on them? I bet theyā€™d be tight then.

1 Like

then why do they fit so much better from the other side then? Iā€™ll try the heatshrink

My length measurements arenā€™t perfect BTW because I canā€™t angle the calipers properly to get a perfect reading, so my measurement might be off there.
@b264
This is the best shot my shitty iphone will permit

1 Like

Had to installed it the bolt fit method in the end :laughing:

1 Like

Is there a plate in there before the bolts or are they bolted straight into the core? Iā€™d suggest a spacer.

1 Like

I havenā€™t manage to get spacers for now, Dicky suggested the same thing when I showed him the photo :+1:

Is it recommended due to the vibrations causing the bolt to loosen up?

You just need to spread the load so that the core doesnā€™t get damaged.

DeeOyem

3 Likes

What tool do you guys use for these pulleys? Arbor press?

No just your hands.

Holy gorilla grip Batman.

Is it supposed to be flushed all the way? I have well had bkb pulleys on mine before and I canā€™t get it to go all the way in.

1 Like

With kegel I didnā€™t have any issues. It is plastic-metal contact

Sometimes I use another wheel and hammer it in like a rubber mallet. Might be frowned uponā€¦

The only one Iā€™ve found I couldnā€™t get the bearing into ny hand was the 3d servitas one. Which is a good thing.

1 Like

This is exactly what I did. :rofl:

Edit:

I actually did use a rubber mallet.

1 Like

Get a socket that matches the size or the outer race of your bearing. Pop the bearing in the freezer for 10 mins and then tap it in. Tap tap tap it in.

3 Likes

Share as in not overtightening any one of the nut over the rest is it?

I tighten them up until i feel a resistance and then go around tightening all 5 bolt a little bit more so I guess thatā€™s even?

If anyone has an extra BKB kegel pulley, lmk

Tested out on a 20 km ride yesterday and none of the bolt/nut came loose so I believe itā€™s all good :+1:

2 Likes