Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

No.

This is what I was saying. Your attempts at spinning the narrative are quite poor, I might add. Please refrain from using such strawman tactics.
There was no “this is how it should be” in my statements, just a “this is how it is”.

I am very much on your side here, as I also learned the correct way of units through university and have also suffered from ambiguous statements regarding such.

That being said, nothing of this argument is applicable to the situation at hand, as my argument was never in favour of incorrect usage of units, or even just permitting such handling.

Ah okay, so we probably agree then that proper unit usage is better, and is important.

It definitely is, but that’s not happening anytime soon.

Definitely not with shitty attitudes :wink:

Depends on what it is because there are topics where I don’t specifically know about them and would have to do research :rofl: There are a ton of different fields within physics and I did not study all of them to get my degree. Even my professors didn’t study everything when getting their doctorate in physics

Also sometimes I just can’t be bothered to care enough to answer stuff. I could reply from what I know and not fact check it to save time, but I hate doing that in case I mix stuff up and then end up spreading misinformation.

i was largely kidding, i dont expect you to awnser my questions. I have a 10th grade edjucation(i was emancipated at 16,TIME TO GO TO WORK), but im nterested in physics,Particle and aystro physics manily . Im interested in how EVERYTHING works. Ive edjucated my self by reading about 15000 +books.As well as watching all the collage lectures i can find. Thanks for the reply,i dont think its reasonable for me to ask you questions you either find elamentry and there fore boring or are outside of your field. AS ALWAYS EXCUSE THE GLARING SPELLING MISTAKES I DONT SEE. TAKE CARE

That is probably good since I have 0 background with astro physics :rofl: I was one of the only people in my department who didn’t take any astronomy courses. Most would take at least the intro course since compared to the other physics electives it was easy. Downside was it meet only at night and so it was impossible for me to take. I had one 6pm course once a week and that alone was hell for me since I would have no energy for it.

1 Like

I TRY to be more consideraste than to think people want to edjucate me about their work. Even the most interesting or fun things become work. People will say “operating huge machines must be like a Voltron mech,it must be so fun” EHH its fun for the first 3 months(except when the kids watch me in aww,then its fun!) but work is just that. I should have qualified my comment as a jest.

1 Like

It’s currently 22° F (-5°c) but damnit, the sun is out which is rare this time of year. So here I am layering/gearing up. We ride at dawn bitches

1 Like

My new favourite idiom. I feel this perfectly describes the feeling of esk8.

Hi, I’m considering making my own thread as was suggested, I often am off topic etc. I’m seeing advice as the where to put it. It will be boring ramblings of a scarerbrained adrenaline junky with high tolerance.
My first post if I can pull it off will be a few short videos of the ride I just did with my phone in hand. That’s like to be the only interesting thing I post, but it won’t always be pictures and videos, there will be outrageous lies and bad grammar as well. I don’t want to start out by having it moved to the appropriate place. Thanks for any help. Jason

I’m not sure I can share videos anyway :triumph:

3 Likes

I’d make it a workshop thread and ramble to the high heavens.

1 Like

Thanks, don’t forget I’ll be lying about being fast also. I’m pretty sure I’ve only ever ridden a Lego technic powered board , but I’m working my way up to a swagtron when I’m ready. I’ll break 10 mph before I’m 60.

( oh there will be bad dad jokes, I’m not funny, but genZ dad that I am I crack my self up)

1 Like

Don’t ask, just do

1 Like

Agreed, this feels like asking to ask.

new law in norway requires you to register electric skateboards or you lose insurance, it costs 12$ per month for each skateboard and i have 3…

I tried to buy insurance once for mine in the USA and they laughed me off the phone

Just buy it once and swap the plate around, no way any law enforcement can tell them apart. :smiley:

theres no plate, its in case the board starts a house fire or sum, either way i threw one away and gonna probably sell the mountainboard for parts, as for my main board probably just gonna have to pay

2 Likes

$12 / mo is pretty reasonable though