Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

It’s straight up delusional.

Say hypothetically you have just cause to shoot and kill a police officer. Say you somehow get acquitted.

Good fucking luck; you’ll be harassed and fucked with for the rest of your life, if you don’t end up having an ‘accident’.

The entire premise of protection from the government is built on the false fantasy that carrying a weapon as an individual is going to protect you from an armed military force. Please.

5 Likes

It’s a strange idea that going to restaurant where people are allowed to carry concealed guns (why would that ever be a good idea?) might make your family safer… haha. Ok.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with carrying concealed in any public place? I don’t see how this can make anyone any less safe unless I were a criminal.

1 Like

Unless you are a well trained gun owner, in the event of drawing your gun in self defense you are statistically more likely to injury yourself, injure innocent bystanders, or (most probable) have the weapon taken from you by whatever hostile caused you to draw it in the first place. That is unless you live in Texas, but then what Texan (outside of Austin) is not a well trained gun owner?

But really the biggest safety concern is that you give @DerelictRobot a soap box to stand on when he’s been drinking. And then ain’t none of us safe.

6 Likes

The fact that you have to carry a gun.

3 Likes

I’ve never met anyone that owns a firearm that doesn’t train whether it be range time, some sort of firearm training class or hunting. I still bring mine with me and hope to never need it anyhow.
People who carry concealed are likely to have some sort of training unless we are talking about a criminal/felon or whatever.
I can totally see someone who owns a gun for home protection needing more training but this is all from my own personal experience with people I know and known living in NJ, NYC and FL not any studies.

Yes I see what you mean I think. If the world was a perfect place no guns would be needed.
I think guns aren’t inherently a bad thing just a bad thing in the hands of the wrong person maybe.

1 Like

My soapbox was built from organic, free-range, Western Oak tyvm! Very sturdy.

Jim Jefferies still has one of the best takes on this imo:

5 Likes

Sounds like you would like living in Hawaii!

1 Like

That was brilliant. :smiley: Almost missed part 2.

2 Likes

So here’s a question for the public chat, ESK8 is super dependent on manufacturing in China.

China is currently having widespread lockdowns due to COVID-19. Most ESK8 manufacturing is done in Shenzhen and that city is locked down too. Also, a war with Taiwan is on the horizon.

What will happen to ESK8 if there was no access to boards and parts from China?

2 Likes

Some things will just cost more to be made elsewhere, there will be delays on many things, many projects will be put on the back burner.

Mostly seems like prebuilts, chips, gears, and tires would be affected. Maaaayyyybe motors too but they’re small scale and mainly wires and magnets in a metal can.

I will keep skating with whatever parts I have until I reach my final form… Werewolf Queen.

6 Likes

The used market will be good for the seller. :smiley:

1 Like

Some things will get very expensive and some things will have to be produced in house or locally, which may or may not be more expensive depending on the situation.

I’d be most concerned about the components for the motor controllers and remotes. motors can be made state side, as well as any other sort of machined or molded part. best decks in the world already come from the US.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. To make ESCs and remotes for consumer boards here could cost an arm and a leg. Also, it China really got in trouble, ESK8 manufacturers would be competing with lots of other industries for chips and other electronic components.

1 Like

Just because you havent seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Generally responsible gun owners travel in the same circles. Thats a big generally btw.

Insert daily news story of some kid getting a gun shooting themselves or the gun owner.

Insert daily news story of someone with conceal and carry and forgot take there gun out of their bag and TSA found it

Also I’ve met dozens irresponsible gun owners who have never taken a class and litterally got a gun because they wanna be tough guy.

5 Likes

You watch too much CNN me thinks.

ay man everyone is keepin it civil, no need to bring it there

2 Likes

You want some drama eh

3 Likes

what he say about me mum?

4 Likes