Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I have not. They’re just the only option, so i lust…

No, they’re not real pneummies, but at least the dia alone means they’d survive better than thane on my wasteland streets.

1 Like

If someone made pneumatic hub motors, I’d be so down for that.

I guess that is basically TBDD with AT wheels… but that didn’t work out so well :confused:

1 Like

4" hub scooter motors exist… can’t be that hard to swap axles :face_with_monocle:

Companies do make those

I’m still waiting to see a 4wd build made of onewheel hubs. Fat tire trekking motha fatha

3 Likes

could be a job for Jenso

1 Like

Do you know any specific companies?

Edit - this was much easier to find than expected. I didn’t know that this was an option

Amazon.com : L-faster 36V Mountain Skateboard Hub Motor Truck Off Road Skateboard Hub Motor Wheel with 9x3.50-5 Tire (kit5 Normal Truck+Drive Truck+CR) : Sports & Outdoors

If i was gonna do it, i’d be looking at the backfire hubs with the cloudwheel rover tires

NGL, I’ve never once looked at a board and thought “those wheel hubs are so cool that I need them”

No disrespect to the many people making hubs right now… I just see how nasty and scraped mine get all the time. Maybe if I still had a nice, street only board.

3 Likes

ya no, those phase wires are as thin as sensor wires

3 Likes

Looks like typical escooter phase wires.

Source: I fix escooters all day every day. They use tiny wires.

Ebike phase wires are usually even smaller.

Source: look at a Bafang motor plug

Compared to most things you can buy and take home today, esk8 uses thicccccc boi wires.

2 Likes

Is this because generally their current requirements are much lower due to less power needed as well as higher voltages?

No escooters and ebikes are still using 10s-13s packs just like we are.

The currents used are much lower, in the range of 19-25A for escooters and 25-50A for ebikes, but when you ride the things you can feel the lack of torque.

I also see singed connections and melted wires every once in a while, so it’s not like they’re not overheating.

I just feel like Chinese manufacturers don’t give a fuck about people’s safety and my company’s designers have gone full retard in the pursuit of profit.

2 Likes

Soooo, how many amps can stormcore 60D+ handle relatively safely:) Rockin’ 12s4p P42A and 6374, which are set to 85 per side at the moment. Battery is at 65A per side. Please tell me the absolute max settings I can push if the temperature allows it.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t pull more than 120A total from that battery, so I would lower your battery current by just a little.

Motor wise Lacroix recommend no more than 75A per motor on their website, but those numbers are probably for the old 60D. I would assume that the 60D+ can do at least 100(m)A, but who knows how the reliability statistics might change. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

They can do a lot more than a hundred milli amps

2 Likes

I’d run 100 motor and 50 battery amps per side on that setup

1 Like

On a DV6 Pro I run 70 battery per side and 130 motor per side, the 60d+ should be able to handle something similar.

And that is not true. Both of those numbers are above what the esc is capable of. Still giving shit advice. You’re going to get someone hurt.

3 Likes

I would not follow @tech.shit advice of 130 motor amps per side. That’s not a good idea.

3 Likes