Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

1 Like

Isnt the can small and the wheel big? Thats a reductio imo. But still its gotta be a huge stress on the motor. I was wondering what or if there is a ratio of the can spinning to the wheel spinning. Whatcha think?

1 Like

Ohhhh i see what you’re saying. Yeah it was like what @frame posted. But dodgier :rofl:

Motor was 6374, not sure what kv. Tire was like regular mountainbike size.

I could be wrong but I feel like it may have been @Pedrodemio :thinking:

2 Likes

He may have done one, the dude I saw was just out on the bike trails here one day

2 Likes
1 Like

I changed my mind about the esk8 motors. Ive geared it 14:76 and another reduction of 15:56. Torque seems usable. I think total reduction of 18 ish

5 Likes

20.27 reduction

1 Like

The sprocket is unmarked i count aproximatly 52~56, none the less its usable and pretty torqy

2 Likes

Y’all wanna see some hilarious shit. This is my first electric skateboard, purchased in 2014.

I purchased this complete piece of shit for $700 and proceeded to murder some beautiful abec wheels to push the top speed to 13mph.

Link to the original esk8 forum below. I completely forgot I participated in it, and for some reason one of my mid 20s neurons that I didn’t obliterate with mindless hedonism was like yo, what about endless sphere?

Modded Yuneec E-go - Endless Sphere (endless-sphere.com)

7 Likes

Just had an MRI scan. Stuff sounded like motor detection for 20 mins :smiley:

4 Likes

did u upgrade ur fw so urself can run sHFI :rofl:

1 Like

If anyone goes down an esk8 ebike path, the bike seat post makes a great battery mount.

2 Likes

yeah I am on 6.0 now :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh wow RIP :smiley:

why are you wanting to swap? cans too big?

The 7490’s are great motors, but for my uses there’s a few issues for my use case

• They’re 10 pole pair, rather than 7 pole pair, so you hit erpm limitations sooner, which is annoying when i want my next build to be a bit higher voltage.
  • They’re quite large, and i’m planning on running SRB 3 Link trucks on an IDEA deck with brackets, so interference with the trucks is a concern
  • They just weigh a lot. Not an issue on my current board, as the thing is built to be beefy and still feels balanced even with the heavy motors, but with my next build cutting down on a LOT of the bulk, and aiming to be much sleeker, 7490’s are just a bit excessive.
  • 10mm keyway shaft. Pretty limiting on options when it comes to gear drives or whatnot, i’d really want something on 8mm keyway just for compatibility.

By all means, if i wasnt switching up builds from the boundmotor octopus setup to an IDEA deck with brackets, and wanting a much sleeker setup (my board is both my leisure activity and my college campus cruiser, so the boundmotor octopus was getting quite cumbersome to carry around indoors), i’d totally keep the 7490’s.

4 Likes

Finally got Telegram… any Seattle folks wanna add me to some relevant groups? Not totally sure how this works.

Telegram username is @neverhaven

1 Like

@bboybowzer probably knows the groups

3 Likes

He found his way

5 Likes