Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

well even if it’s only for the bergs hubs, trucks and deck it’s still a good price, if the unity is a legit OG one it’s nice too
I mean it’s the price for an alibaba prebuilt
Not that I’m going to buy it anyway ^^’ I have too much projects on hold

How do y’all continue working/decide what to work on when you feel stuck? I’ve got 3 boards, I need to work on at least 1 because lugging the MTB is a pain but I can’t decide, pls send help

What do you want to archieve? Are those 3 boards not in working order?

I have 3 boards worth of parts, everything except hardware is accounted for

I just need something I can ride without it being a pain in the ass

1 Like

Something light? I built myself a campus cruiser, weighs under 5kg and is a lot of fun.

1 Like

This is the specific reason I build these

2 Likes

I got the dual gear drive Evo with 15s5p and BKB 6" tires, the Boosted style board with 6355s TB110s, and the Pramayana with Loaded hubs

1 Like

Hubs would be my choice if you want a light build. My cruiser runs on an 8s4p pack, if you get a small dual ESC like a maker X 4 or a lingy/hobbywing it would be very light.

Current build plan is a Pramayana with eBoosted enclosure, Paris TKP with loaded hubs, 12s2p P26A with LTT BMS, and Unity with Nug Puck

Nothing flashy on the outside and at some point I want to black dye the wheels for more stealth

A 2s pack will sag a lot, regardless of cell type. A 10s3p or a 8s4p would make more sense imo.

Whats that? A puck mod?

I’m trying to standardize my voltages to 12s and 15s, I’m not too concerned about that since I pull less than 10 battery amps even on the MTB 99% of the time

Yeah it’s the smallest Puck shell available

Ah okay, gotcha.

Wat is dis? An mtb for ants!?

4 Likes

Easy: only have one build at once. Saves your wallet from dying but you do end up needing extra hardware like bolts that way you can have one set being used while you customize the other set.

Yes, I sanded and spray painted a set of bolts for my board. It looks cooler that way

No I just ride ~20 mph on flat ground, and combined weight is about 160 lbs

Since I got my METR with auto logging I’ve averaged a mere 3.7A from the battery

3 Likes

Where’s the fun in having just the one board :grin:

It is less of fun and more of being financially responsible in my case. Not saying it isn’t responsible for other people to have multiple builds, but just for me I can’t justify having two working battery packs currently.

For parts, I could put a second board together with the extras I have if I had a battery though which is why the battery matters most cost wise. Plus they’re expensive

I got maybe 4.5 to 5 boards worth of parts already accumulated and 3 boards of parts are partitioned out, so I’m stopping buying parts unless it’s an emergency repair

Cost is already sunk, I just wanna ride without being stressed

E85DC0BB-0AF3-4272-8A01-E8E81CF89068

4 Likes

How, at 20mph I’m already way past 15A D: