Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Hahaha. Thanks junior. You are a trooper.

1 Like

speaking of being down bad i also caught myself simping today

bih wasnt even cute and i was all in it :joy:

1 Like

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

1 Like

Jokes on you, thats where I am.

Having a good time.

2 Likes

I want a 12s charge/discharge bms that will display the p groups on the davega x. What are my options that I can buy right now?

2 Likes

flexibms
diebiems

1 Like

Flexi is charge only and I can’t find a link to order the diebiems

you cant order them
just sometimes the guy makes a group buy

@Chricious may have spare

not many bms are discharge and the ones which are tend to be below 100amps
why do you want discharge

2 Likes

Use a loopkey or antispark switch.

I want to set overdischarge current (100a) and discharge cutoff voltage (3.2-3.0v)

1 Like

Dont, if the bms kills the discharge that will potentially kill your esc’s and may throw you off the board. Use your esc’s for the low voltage limits and set proper battery amps in the vesc tool.

5 Likes

You can set both limits on your VESC. I don’t think there’s a whole lot of value in a charge/discharge BMS if you have a VESC. You get short circuit protection which is nice. Is it worth the extra space it takes in your enclosure? I don’t think so. Though it may of course depend on a particular setup.

4 Likes

The thing is I want to connect a lot of lights to my battery, not through the esc so I want a way to cut-off at say 3.2v to preserve the life of the cells and prevent any drain from the lights when they are off/storage.

1 Like

Bypass the battery for esc discharge and only use it for lights, thats my plan on my mountainboard.

2 Likes

but you still need a discharge function for the bms for your lights?

True, I know METR has smart bms support so Davega might also have it.

1 Like

so you will look into getting a smart charge/discharge bms for your lights then? This is what I am looking for as well but the davega doesnt have general smart bms support. Only the flexi (charge only) and diebie (not in stock) which you cant get.

I have a diebie right here, but planning on using a smart bms and hoping davega adds support in the future since it has bluetooth built in I believe. Otherwise I can always monitor it through metr

2 Likes

This is what I was hoping I guess since I can’t get my hands on a diebie rn. Why use the smart bms instead of diebie if you have one?