Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

It’s stories like this that go viral. The more people know about the aggression, the more pressure will build up against Russia. If there’s any hope for Ukraine, it’s that enough people realize what’s happening and make their governments stop Putin. This is not Afghanistan. This is Europe. What if he doesn’t stop in Ukraine. What if Latvia is next and EU goes: “Yeah nah, maybe this NATO agreement wasn’t such a good idea. Let’s not fight yet. Nobody wants a third world war. Plus, what would we do without the Russian gas anyway.”

I deeply regret all lives lost in the war. Still, I don’t think those 13 guys died in vain.

1 Like

This is effectively what the League of Nations decided when Hitler invaded Poland, provoking WW2.

4 Likes

Those are a lot of “what ifs”. You (we) don’t know whats gonna happen next. I’m very grateful for the Ukrainians standing up against this defacto dictator, and I sure hope that their death will not be in vain, but right now it feels like it.

Also while there are a lot of parallels to WW2, the situation now is very much different. @Venom121212

@Venom121212 Yeah, here’s what one of my friends shared on social media. It’s fitting:

The Munich Agreement blows my mind. I don’t blame them for sacrificing us (Czechoslovakia). Nobody has the right to ask others to risk their lives for them. But, didn’t they see they were next in line? That it was in their own best interest to help us. How many English and French lives could have been saved had they helped us straight away?!

1 Like

Hopefully it does not go down in history as another appeasement / betrayal situation.

4 Likes

Just a reminder.

Such discussions tend to get heated quite quickly with many people having differing views and perceptions.

4 Likes

I think this is the most broken rule of them all on this forum :smile:

2 Likes

Its an ambiguous one for sure. But its in place for good reason.

Sketbords madafakas

7 Likes

Actually factually.

3 Likes

You know what really grinds my gears?

Trying to pee with a boner?

3 Likes

Usually debris or metal shavings… your comment arises much harder questions…

1 Like

Thank you I’ll be punny all night.

That’s what Facebook is for. :joy::man_shrugging:

1 Like

How pissed do you think Zuck is gonna be when literally nobody starts calling it meta?

His Neapolitan rage will be quite stifling, one could imagine.

@Sk8tedad Hey man. All ok? :blue_heart:

1 Like

He updated his profile description again

Its official, I just realized I’m “middle aged”, probably been here for 5 years. I never really thought of the label related to age, but it just dawned on me. “Old Fuck” here I come!

Random thought, that is all.

4 Likes

Age is just a number.