Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yep the 115’s

It barely needs any widening, and then perfectly fits on the boardnamics ones. The EAT battery though. Nearly as bad as pneumatics.

I will mention in the video how I had to modify, but it was seriously so easy, about 30 seconds with my drill per wheel. Only one drill bit

It was basically 0.1mm increase in hole size, but the cores are aluminum so you have to drill

2 Likes

good to know it doesn’t take much effort. i’ve hammer in my pulley and now i can’t take it back out, don’t be like me :joy:

2 Likes

That’s exactly the issue I didn’t want to have. The metal cores were a perfect candidate for drilling

2 Likes

Lol and I’m printing a giant lego skeleton figure over here

2 Likes

A meteorite crashed through a houses roof and landed on a pillow. If it was a MyPxllow, there are going to be some weird fuckin headlines tomorrow. Pls make cocaine pillow man nightmare stop

On that note, I wonder how quickly that fuck got on the phone and how much money he offered for them to say it was a MyPxllow

2 Likes

A few years back I was driving to work, listening to Jacinda Ardern giving a speech on her return to work after giving birth. She said it was a matter of, 'getting straight back on deck’, and I spat my coffee all over the windscreen! Woman can’t get enough!! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

WHAT

Why shouldn’t I buy this rn?

2 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light: oil slick alert!!!

2 Likes

You forgot to tag @Venom121212 :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Buy it and let us know how they look in person

Nice oil slick hubs. Would go well with an oil slick davega

3 Likes

They would look better if the bolts are more hidden but nice oil slick design

1 Like

@janpom u know what to do

1 Like

I’ve suggested this multiple times as a joke but I’m starting to think it would actually be cool

2 Likes

Oil slick finish is no joke around here.

I’m not personally a huge fan, I mean it’s really cool, but not my style.

If I was selling, well, anything really, I would include that as a color choice. Along with black and raw. And red just for LHB.

4 Likes

Metro board finally selling their dkp trucks. Hopefully they can get a black or raw option in the future.

trucks

2 Likes

NGL. I like dese tings.

2 Likes

Is it weird that I want to build a cow-themed board? Griptape would obviously be black and white cow-hide. Headlights would be light blue like cows in the dark
I could make the horn sound into a cow bell. Other sound effects would be moo and “got milk?” “He needs some milk”. Would be easy with black tires, drive train. I might name the cow Bessie :joy: imagine saying you commute by cow :wink::rofl:

7 Likes

Can you elaborate on that? What’s the dependency?

2 Likes

without gear drives I don’t think 100’s are a good idea

Yeah, I have a working theory, with some others input as to well per their experience.

So 100mm length motor cans are long, I think we can all agree.

With regards to power transmission, there is a fundamental difference in the forces a motor sees between belts and GD’s. The main one I’m concerned with here being belt tension, there is no tension on gear drives, a gear is meshed or it isn’t. The tension belts create when applying force to the wheel pulley causes a moment along the shaft. The longer the motor the greater that moment and the more force the bearings and shaft sees. the only attachment point of the motor is face, so you’ve now added 20-25% length to the can and therefor increased those forces proportional to length squared

Many boutique board builders have been using the maytech 6389-96’s yet none of them seem to have the failure rate like lacroix did, although I think that’s been partially resolved as of late. But biobaords and kaly only use gear drives and seem to have considerable less motor failues, specifically those related to the large outer can bearing which is the usual cause of death for those MT motors.

4 Likes