Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

so, among my current to do list is “learn how esc’s work well enough to physically build one if i wanted or needed to.” so hey guys explain to me how exactly this xenith i have sitting here works, and why it would stop doing so, if you could and would be willing to. i understand that the esc is basically a smart regulator between the battery and motor. but how does it do so and why does it fry? i understand that there can be a simple manufacturing flaw to blame, but in a perfect system, exactly what does the esc do, and how? and exactly what breaks them and how? bad manufacturing aside.

dont mind me, im half drunk, and my quest log is very long.

The vesc project is open source dude, get on the github and explore.

5 Likes

i am im just actively seeking useful threads on that and many more topics.

5 Likes

I used to run a business in another hobby not unlike esk8, selling parts to people all over the world. Shipped to 30+ countries from the US.

What no one tells you is that you can get a “business account” with all of the major shipping companies (except USPS) with a single phone call. You don’t need anything more than a half-baked story about what homebrew small business you run and some vague promises to increase your international shipping quantity over the years to come, and you immediately unlock 30%-50% off retail price.

The only reason anyone should be paying retail prices are you send less than 10 packages a year and/or you’re too lazy to save money. Granted your new account rep will hound you (twice a year) to check in on you, but you never have to answer or respond.

Even with USPS, you can get better pricing through PayPal (http://paypal.com/shipnow - this link appears nowhere on their site, so i have it bookmarked) for free or Stamps.com for a small fee (or Shopify if you already have a store)

Last protip - never ever ever go to a post office and buy a label in person. It takes forever, costs more, and there’s a non-zero chance the guy types it in wrong. Always pay online and print.

10 Likes

Check out the awesome Cheap FOCer thread:

1 Like

Hey Bill, you want to see my manballs?

1 Like

I kind of do. Slide into my PMs.

1 Like

damn the amount of rain here still pouring is crazy it feels like im in hawaii, anyway on more important questions anyone wanna trade any dual vesc for a single mkv

1 Like

nvm will just buy another one, trampa gets my money again

1 Like

Wait… you want to give a dual trampa VESC in exchange for a single?

the opposite

1 Like

Meh… good luck

1 Like

a makerx is like 165$ new, thats 120$ less than a mkv, cant be that bad of a deal lol

edit: already decided a few text ago to just buy a second one so nvm this conversation

1 Like

no. Nobody here at all.

1 Like

Anyone got good phone games to play?

I’ve exhausted my game library after playing phone games for the last 6 hours. 2 more to go.

1 Like

Jesus thats such a long name. German fingers must be like

3 Likes

if u like clicker game, tap titan has been my go-to game when i dont want to do anything :joy:

1 Like

Finish your juice box and maybe then.

3 Likes