Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

BUT keep in mind that the requirements can be changed by the forum owner. Could be that we have totally different requirements than what discourse states.

(Still easily doable luckily)

1 Like

Oh yeah lol I forgot about that. I got that link from whatever bot does the promotions for us, so I assumed it was accurate, but maybe it was changed without changing the bot’s scripted messages

1 Like

I think ours are default as far as I know

I’ve been doing a bunch of soldering the last few nights setting up a dual drive.

Last night in my dreams I was inspecting my solder joints and every single one broke as soon as I put the slightest pressure on the joints…

Just wanted to share… Lol

6 Likes

any xmen fans here?

1 Like

To be fair, i rarely if even see anyone using these. I think the majority runs fivestars.

3 Likes

@glyphiks See, this is how you respond to off-topic comments without derailing the thread further. The mods are so clever. We might as well learn something here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes i should know better.

@xsynatic Not sure why we don’t see more people using the rockstar pros.

I know i definitely had issues with the bearing seats being too tight on the last set I used… but didn’t stop me from getting another set for the next build :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Had the same.

I really liked the purple on the pros i had and still hate the white i have on the fivestars now. :smiley: i would still not go back to the pros i think…

2 Likes

Dye them, dye them now! $15/ hub is like a flaccid penis.

Unbeatable.

4 Likes

Months ago I thought about sending the hubs to @PixelatedPolyeurthan for him to dye them (since he has all the tools at hand) but i always kept working on my mtb and thought “next week im finished” but it’s going to take much longer to ship them back and forth + the work involved so I can’t do it. But then i never finished the build and the circle repeated itself. Now almost 6 months into the rebuild I’m neither finished nor did i send them to him xD

4 Likes

Anyone have recommendations for places to get good solder in the EU? I’m not super price restricted, I just don’t want to wait a couple months or get crappy stuff

How is it that a company can require me to watch all onboarding videos (which total to around 3-4 hours), yet claim it only takes one hour… and only pay me for one hour???

Honestly Im not even a direct employee of them so none of the information applies to me… im just going to skip through it anyways… but it just doesnt seem right. :thinking:

3 Likes

60/40 solder is the most common anyway, so it should be widely available at hardware stores… Unless Ireland is like the UK where no one knows what soldering even is.

1 Like

Yup unfortunately (the last time I checked anyway?) you can’t get shit here except the really bad lead free stuff, and hardware stores aren’t even that common to begin with. I’ll check around the city at the weekend, but I’ll probably just try to find an EU seller on eBay

1 Like

Worst case I can send you some lol
Probably some online electronics shop should have it for cheap tho

2 Likes

I technically could get you 1kg of 1mm 60/40 solder from stannol which I’m using myself.

Though the price is

53€ for the solder
5€ shipping tracked to me
Plus 11.39€ shipped (tracked and insured) to you.

Not sure how your taxation works.

1 Like

That’s like a decade’s worth lol

3 Likes

guys this could be pretty huge.

3 Likes

Not sure if I should go with Trampa VESC 6 or Focbox.

MBoards just got stocked back up with Focboxes and they are cheaper than that Trampa…

Opinions?