Psychotiller Enclosure Waterproofing

What’s your method of waterproofing? I was using some weather stripping and it was not good.

Also, how do people waterproof part I have circled?

Drown that shit in Silicone (more than you think you need so it compresses) :+1:

ASI 388 since youre in the states

2 Likes

So you just bolt it on and then fill whatever crack is remaining with silicone?

Got any tips on how you apply it personally? Last time I tried using silicone It was a bad time for me. Ended up globbing up a lot and not really going how I wanted it.

1 Like

I threw a thin layer over my enclosure before I put it on my board (let it cure), and then a layer on the board before I put the enclosure on (while it was still wet, so I can keep pumping silicone in whereever it will fit, and still wipe it off)

Honestly same, but i like to use the back of a comb/an expired giftcard as its a cheap, durable and tossable ‘shaping tool’ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

When I had that enclosure, I used a metric fuckton of sugru. Approximately 4 packs of sugru to be exact

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try that credit card method. Did you happen to have a wide enclosure opening like this psychotiller one has?

If so, did you just pump silicone into there with the wires connected and now they’re just stuck there in a big chunk of silicone?

1 Like

Wait wtf, that looks so much like my old enclosure.

1 Like

I’ve never used that stuff, definitely will add to my amazon list

Ive actually got this enclosure, from Eboosted. its a vanguard enclosure but if I didnt seal it I would literally be waterboarding my battery every ride

No external wires, but yeah my XT90 will be absolutely drowned by it. Anything for safety and peace of mind against water :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So you used the sugru stuff on the ESC to Motor wire opening? Did that big glob stick to the board? My fear is getting the enclosure totally stuck to the board via this glue on the ESC opening

1 Like

Damn that was an expensive effort! I use sugru like it’s a precious resource!

2 Likes

Bro you’re literally our underlord master builder. I remember looking at one of your builds thinking I might need to start selling drugs to fund this hobby and you think $15 sugru is an expensive commodity?? @jamie

@brendan
It’s an adhesive, so what I did was used the sugru to form around the motor wires but not adhere to the board

3 Likes

Ah gotcha, I’m thinking I’ll try to make a sugru gasket with the motor and sensor wires in place and then, and let it dry before putting it on the board.

2 Likes

You can actually grease the surface of the board where the sugru is going to sit so it doesn’t stick. Very very light oil, then fasten the enclosure to the board until it dries (8hrs if I remember correctly)

2 Likes

Oh smart as hell, thanks!

1 Like