Protective Gear (knee pads) for ..."bigger" dudes....

I couldn’t find anything using the search function (and not really anything online either) so here it goes:

I am just getting startet and I am a fairly big guy. I really struggle to find protectors for my knees, as my thighs and calves are pretty big - do you have any suggestions? (ideally with velcro straps)

2 Likes

I would have a look at the TSG DHP knew pads.

Maybe watch some YouTube reviews to understand if it’s what you need.
They offer different sizes.
I‘m not really a big boy and wear L which still has a lot of spare on the velcro to extend.

They are also super comfortable. I‘d say one of the best knee pads you can get right now.

6 Likes

Check out Kali Protectives. Comfortable gear, works well, and all arround good shit. They’ve saved my knees and shins numerous times while downhill mountain biking at Trestle. They also offer lifetime crash replacement on their helmets.

1 Like

I wear these:

They have CE level 1 pads in the knees and hips and they come in all sizes they will probably fit you.
They are not as safe as real kneepads of course, but for me they are the right balance between safety and convenience - just pull em on and I’m out the door.
They are so comfy I just wear em as regular pants some of the time.
The kneepads are big enough to look a bit funny if someone were staring at your knees for some reason but I don’t really care.
I already had one pretty major get off and my knees and hips were absolutely fine (did scratch up my back, elbows and hands).
The pants survived the get off just fine (there are small holes now at the ankles on one side, but I was also wearing high-top Converse so my ankles didn’t get scratched. I might sew them up if I can be bothered.
Next thing I want to get is a Lazyrolling armored hoody.

I was pretty excited to think those Victory pants could save me time from putting on knee pads before every ride, then I saw the asking price.

Woooof

My TSG pass was cheaper lmao… That being said I have some large triple eight kp22s that have room to spare on the elastics. I will say though after a year the bands are stretching a little bit, but still holding strong

Yeah Alpinestars is a more expensive Italian brand. I wear them on my motorcycle too so safety is number one and I don’t care so much about the price.
There are cheaper brands of reinforced motorcycle jeans that are probably just as good.
Joe Rocket is one we have here in Canada that’s a little cheaper but still good quality:

I’m sure you could find something similar in the US.

What I found now are S One pads. Their largest size will just about fit.
Thanks for the suggestions!