Problem with vesc6 forgetting settings

SWD PROG erases the entire chip, so that is a good way to make sure you have a clean install.

1 Like

Could simply be a problem with the STM chip. From 100.000 chips there are probably x with an issue.

Never mind trying to do it now

Keeps just coming up with error “erase timed out”

Seams like a software issue. You can connect two more cables: RST on SWD port and GND on COMM Port.
Short before flashing, you interconnect the loose cable ends shortly. This will activate chip reset (RST).
The timing is important, so you might need a few times to figure that out. We could recover a few units with messed FW in the past, using this method. If you have no luck, send us a mail to sort you out.

Also not: The SWD to SWD cable needs to be as short as possible. Max 8cm long.

Not really sure what you mean by

Additionally to interconnecting IO, CLK, GND of both VESCs,
you connect two cables (to RST and GND). This allows you reset the chip on the bad VESC.
Let the cable ends touch each other for a second (shortening RST with GND). You do that just a fraction of time before you press upload in the SWD Prog tab.

This way you reset the chip just before uploading new FW.

Ah ok

Tried a couple of times but cant get it to work

Did you try my suggestion as well?

No when I try connecting to the not working vesc it just says that I haven’t plugged it in

SO I can’t even try it anymore

1 Like

Thank you @trampa finally got the reset to work and upload to be done

Now what should I do

Thank you

Still can’t connect to it though

To both? If only not to one you can just use the other and than read and write the settings via CAN from the master vesc.

I know as in the 6plus doesn’t work the 6 does

I will try giving in some settings later

The can function is the bottom one on the right side correct?

Yes on the right side there is a button in the vesc Tool where it’s written „can“

1 Like

Finally got it to connect to the usb and I tried redoing the firmware which is going slow as anything

So hopefully all will work