Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Haven’t seen one happen clouds yet, not saying it can’t happen

Do you have more info on this or… Just curious. Someone else said the cores were gf nylon and everyone just ran with it. I made a couple comments that it might be easier to crack than PC/abs but I had no real testing data to back it up…

no adhesion issues with Cloudwheels, but still TPU is the best choice. For example Estaloc 59300 was the TPU material used by Kryptonics hubs back when they were still making Wheels. Kryptonics turned into AEND many years ago.

5 Likes

Dude. Why are you trying so hard to discredit individuals. The man clearly knows his stuff and he is clearly trying to help. You have a pattern of trying to shame people out of this discussion.

Remember this one…

You (wrongly) accused the rider who was injured that it was his own fault…

The manufacturer is behaving badly and the product is dangerous in it’s current state. No need to attack each other.

5 Likes

I’m no expert in this matter but this makes a lot of sense to me. And about bearing installation process goes. It also makes sense. Specially on cores like Abec uses witch seem to stretch out for easier bearing fitment

1 Like

I’m not. I just want to point out abusive usage.

Meh. The material looked like it was crushed by something. Turns out it was a bolt on pulley that did it.

But nah u right go get the pitchforks because knee jerk reactions like total recall is appropriate in every scenario :wink:

Do you even have broken cloud wheels? afaik only 1 person crashed because of it and it’s not you. Why are you so traumatized by them?

Show me on this doll where iwonder touched you

download.jpeg-2

2 Likes

Alright alright guys, let’s all get along. We’re one big happy family on this forum :innocent: Let’s wait for iwonders response

5 Likes

Saw this video posted by iWonder few days ago…
Maybe more problem will come soon :thinking:

8 Likes

These look like the new smaller wheels - i hope they went kegel!

1 Like

Now that you say it, it does looks smaller than 120mm…
But I doubt they will use kegel core…they already advertised it showing abec cores in their rendered photos…

1 Like

Seems like that video is showing their new idea for retrofitting Iwonders to the outside of conventional hub motors. Notice the hub motors and the wheels streached 18 inches apart:

3 Likes

Doesnt even look like they took the urethane sleeves off the hubs…

1 Like

Could also be a new direct drive system and some rubber sleeves to protect the motors maybe

2 Likes

Where im from, we call this “hub motors” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Nah it’s the new batmobile drive. Option to eject the foam core wheels for instant drag slicks

1 Like

Might not be optional with the failures we have been seeing :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the truck axle will fail way before the core disintegrates!

6 Likes

I was thinking this, I hope it’s just a direct drive with an axle to the wheel itself and not tacked on to a hub motor

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s just hooked to hub motor, quick and easy hack which does the job for a 10s video clip, and a 60kg rider, on flat ground. Looks like shit, so it probably is!

1 Like

My board made very bad clicking sounds. Already replaced the bearings and played with belt tension but nothing worked. I just realized my cores are broken and the bearings are loose because of that.

Clicking sound: https://youtu.be/aX9CHn77xM8

6 Likes