Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Shit man, i know a guy who owns a car manufacturing company.

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

One thing not mentioned here is oils. I took my 110 rough stuffs off my meepo to install on my ae k1 board and theres what looks like lubricant oil spilling out a bearing onto the core. All my wheels look wet with oil and dust at some point.

I got coconut oil on some very strong high pressure plexiglass once and it cracked. It had hundreds of hairline cracks just appear as it soaked into the plastic.

Think ill get the 105s after reading most of this.

Lol there’s tons of people running discovery cloudwheels now, I think it’s safe to say they are mostly good

Interesting about the oil though. Sounds like overly oiled bearings, I’ve never had any of my bearings leak oil.

I think both the 105 and 120 are alright, I have the 105’s on a revel kit, no issues so far

2 Likes

2 Likes

Judging from the hand it looks like he is pushing the maximum weight limit :wink:

6 Likes

Did 2000 miles on my CW 120D over the spring/summer season. No cracks, no problems!

I had not seen this before… I don’t think…
from The Facebook…

3 Likes

Well, maybe it is a rare occurrence, much smaller failure rate now than it used to be

2 Likes

It’s not that rare.

I noticed early on that the core and thane are starting to separate, consulted a local group bout it, told me to glue the shit out of it, did as told, problem solved and catastrophic failure prevented.

Looks like this could be the next best thing

2 Likes

Iwonder what went wrong in their design.

6 Likes

Donut for meepo hubs donut last, the plastic part that interfaces with the hub just disintegrated after about 200 miles

I was really hoping these could bridge the gap for me as i love hubs (irrationally I know) but they just don’t justify the cost.

9 Likes

I’m riding the meepo donuts. Mine are the ones pictured earlier. There’s no markings like yours to suggest they’re iwonder. I’m pretty sure they’re not iwonder.

Have clocked 45 miles. Let’s hope i get 300 from them

1 Like

@Fosterqc would you mind a short summary ? I prefer a short text over a video a thousand time
also it’s better for indexing if someone search the forum for it

1 Like

He seems to just fill the core with epoxy.

1 Like

I’m highly sceptical ^^’

1 Like

The discovery version at that lol

I would not ride those imo…