Problem with flipsky steering

Hello,

I recently purchased and assembled the flipsly motor with wheels.
and i have a problem with steering. i cant steer left or right. I can only drive straight.
please see attached video.

Video
2photos:
Photo1
Photo2

3 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:
your front axle is the wrong way around

2 Likes

You are going to need a LOT more angle on those trucks. Channel trucks are designed to go on a MTB deck that has angled tips ranging from 25° to 35°. You have basically no turning angle with your current setup.

3 Likes

thanks for quick replies. Tought so but wanted to ask before i drill new holes in the board :slight_smile:

This is a quick board i made just for testing :slight_smile:
I will try to make something more angular and squeze it inbetwen the trucks.

Thx bro. Now its working smooth. Made my first mile with an eskate. But damn this thing is fast.
Next time definetly with a helmet :smiley:

3 Likes

Make sure you get a helmet right away, do not delay at all. I wouldn’t ride until it arrives :slight_smile:

1 Like

This reminded me of when I first began building electric skateboards (2017) and had 0 experience with skateboard trucks at all. I finished my board late at night and in the morning I met up with some friends to show off my creation. During my test ride my board would turn left when I lean to the right. I got laughed at for not knowing how to set up skateboard trucks.

4 Likes

I made some aluminium pads. so now i have an angle around 30°. And i can steer perfectly now. thx for tip MrDrunken :slight_smile:
photo

I rided around 10km with this board. And i noticed the board feels very unstable at higher speeds. 35km/h+. it starts to wooble. Any ideas how i could fix that? i checked the geometry of the wheels but they are perfectly aligned.
i get something like this but not so extreme. Its a mild speed wobble but its really scary.

1 Like

reduce angle of the rear trucks and tighten bushings.

1 Like

ok. reduce angle by how much? should i just remove the Alu plate? Now i have angle on both @30°.
Will have to make more boards and test different settings. as this 1 already has too much holes drilled in :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have access to 3e printing then just make an angled riser.

Try reducing by 10 degrees. You can also try by removing the rear angle altogether. And see if that helps…

But before that just tighten the bushings gradually and check at the speed it normally vibrates.

No 3D printer yet. i made them on my cnc machine out of aluminium.
Will definetly need to buy 1 in the near future.
Aight. will play with the settings a little bit. thx for help :beers: :beers:

i have it finnished.