Priority [poll ]

We build our boards according to our wishes, needs,preferences, circumstances…
What’s your top priority when you engage a new project?

• Budget
  • Performance
  • Reliability
  • Aesthetics
  • Other

0 voters

In my case I love beautiful boards but this is my choice:

Performance >reliability >budget>aesthetics >other

I didn’t even have to think about it. I have those values carved on stone.
What’s your priority?

2 Likes

reliability with a killer paint job.

8 Likes

I try to put reliability first everytime.

Performance is fun and all until you dont have a board to ride because your fixing it.

4 Likes

always starts with performance in mind, but as I build I find the time I spend fixing my other boards makes me shift towards reliability :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Build after build, now my top priority when I engage a new project are :
Other (and I would say feeling, the feeling I’m looking for, on board)
Reliability (come in second just because I prototype a lot, so basicaly I try to make it better, but we never know before testing ^^)
Performance
Budget
Aesthetics (for me, maybe only me, a DIY board is like a drawing, it’s never really finished :blush:)

2 Likes

If I had to pick one I’d say Performance. But that doesn’t always mean speed. That could as easily be a smooth medium speed drive system with above average torque and a comfortable deck. It could also be building a board on a specific budget or around specific parts. It’s all relative to the end goals.

3 Likes

reliability>performance>budget>aesthetics>other

I’m lumping “weight” in the “performance” category :wink:

4 Likes

Performance gathers a lot of things in my book.
Means to achieve the goals intended for that specific build. Means speed/range/comfort/portability/torque…whatever it takes to reach the goals I pictured in my mind for that build.
Reliability comes first by far at batteries. But thinking of the overall build values I always consider performance first.
A slow speed board that reached my goals perfectly has my performance approved seal.

3 Likes

I think of my board like a top fuel dragster, yes something is going to break but ima have fun breaking it. Basically no matter how reliable it is, the performance may just always be more than it can take. But hopefully what does break isnt catastrophic.

1 Like

haaaaa ! So ok, and I agree. I have to change my vote so, and what I just said ^^ about feeling

1 Like

But if it’s not reliable, than all the other metrics don’t matter for long.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tend to lump reliable and performance together. The two switch depending on my mood

3 Likes

Obviously not reliability since it breaks down only when I need it most. Shredding up the park 2x a day for a week? No problem. Cruise to a friends for the 4th of july at midnight? Breaks down halfway there.

I must need to use more loctite.

3 Likes

Definitely reliability. I use my board to get my ass to work and home every day, 3.5 miles each way. I built a small cruiser/short board for getting to work and another for general bad assery. My coworkers call my boards “Maserati’s” as they’re more than likely in the shop than on the road. Something I’m trying to work on improving with my new build :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

I have had days where I wanted to just empty a gallon jug of loctite all over a board. :grinning:

2 Likes

Figuring out how to keep a board running multiple times a day is where the real magic is. Even if it rains or snows.

Performance is zero if it’s broke down.

2 Likes

Everything but the budget :slight_smile: Who needs food and shelter when you could be riding a bitchin’ esk8.

3 Likes

for me it’s use case.

or, what purpose is it going to serve.

2 Likes

But …loctite is anaerobic… :nerd_face:

Is there any real option aside from reliable?

None of those things matter if your board doesn’t run. I don’t even trust mine until they’re at least 1k miles deep.

4 Likes

It was a joke. I just meant I’ve had occasion where I had bolts come loose one after another.

2 Likes