Pretty sure I've wired this Auto-detect BMS wrong. JBD BMS, 18s Battery

Hello I need some help troubleshooting an Auto-detect Smart BMS. Pretty sure this is a quick fix.

I just installed this 6-21s lion auto-detect JBD BMS, switching from a Daly BMS. I followed the diagram on the product page

based on the image below the balance wire between cell groups 16 and 17 should connect to five pins vs one.

The wiring harness I was sent was initially missing one of these pins (p20), but I proceeded without it. Actually all of the harnesses I got with this same BMS were missing this pin.

After some troubleshooting I added the missing pin. The same issue still persists, the BMS app is showing 19 cells with cell 17 being at zero.

I’m positive this is just a wiring mistake. Anyone know how this should be wired? Its currently wired per the diagram for 18s.

try to disconnect and reconnect the 2 connectors

1 Like

In my opinion, you have confused the connection scheme, you write that you have purchased 21s, and you connect according to the 22s scheme

1 Like

From the product description

I wired it based on the diagram for 18s

1 Like

Only group 16 comnects to the multiple pins

Right, think thats how I have this wired

1 Like

Looks right there. Have you double checked that they are all connected correctly by measuring the pins?

I’ve found that with those auto sensing ones it helps to plug the positive side of the balance harness in first.

1 Like

You have to also set your settings within the BMS menu for 18s

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to do that on the auto detect ones tho

1 Like

It doesnt always work unfortunately

2 Likes

That fixed it. The app, or apps for these bms’s aren’t great. One of the previous versions didn’t give any ability to change settings etc.

Anyway for future reference you’re looking for this:

Thanks!

3 Likes