Precision Kegal pulleys

Wow… you’re awesome. I’d love to run it with bearing.

Can someone check my math? Depth of the face of the pulley to the bearing is 12mm. Adding another 5mm makes it 17mm.

Hangar length is 220mm.
Motor mount is 8mm x2
Motors are 81mm. x2
Pulley adds 17mm. x2

So 212mm worth of equipment on a 220 hangar. I’m pretty sure this works…

1 Like

If you are wondering about the clearance between 6380 motors, your good, as far as the pulleys go.

2 Likes

If you ended up seating the bearing further in, would it be able to clear the hangar?

2 Likes

Yes sir, I bored a 34mm pocket 6mm deep to accommodate for that!

2 Likes

Just hit 250 miles on the 36T version of this pulley on a single 6374 setup with a 12mm belt.

Previous setup was a 3d printed PETG pulley that was bolted on

Pros:

• Very smooth operation. I didn’t realize the difference this would make until I rode it. It’s difficult to get the 3d printed pulley perfectly round with the correct X/Y scaling to make the belt teeth to mesh perfectly with no wobble.
  • Fits into the Kegel core and holds the bearing with no slop. Uses a standard skateboard bearing.
  • Pressed in design vs bolted is easier to pull a wheel and swap a pulley if you wanted
  • Rocks don’t get embedded into the pulley like the plastic ones. They still get stuck in the teeth, but come out a lot easier and don’t leave damage behind.
  • No slipping at 80A. At all. Even with no tensioner. To be fair this was rarely a problem on the 3d printed pulley. 16/36 12mm

Cons:

• Cutting the stock Caliber II hanger to fit the pulley means I need a bearing spacer & 3 speed rings to get everything to tighten up without binding. This can be solved by buying a boardnamics hanger, or trimming the hanger on a lathe after measuring the exact dimensions.

Overall I don’t think there is a better Kegel pulley out there, and the price is very reasonable

4 Likes

While I do suggest the lathe approach, there is another way if you dig into the LHB archive way back to 2016

or, the better way

4 Likes

Bit late to this party… are these still being made and sold? Dead keen on a 60t set

1 Like

I only made a few 60T, but I do think I have one more set. I’ll PM you.

Gonna need some more once those Radium wheels drop :fire:

4 Likes

@rusins thats actually what brought this search for 60t on :crazy_face: :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

Any 48T left?

1 Like

Sorry, no. I was considering doing another batch, but not sure the demand is there at this point yet.

I’m selling mine.

2 Likes

I’ll buy some, but only if they’re 47T - 52T.

1 Like

Seems like something id be interested in for future projects.

I have a set of 48T that I bought from Phil if you are interested.

1 Like

I will be making more kegal pulleys in the next month. Probably 10-15 sets of 36T, 40T, 42T, 48T and possibly some 60T. There will be a change in the design. I will be including a a lip as I did on the 42T abec.

I do plan on making pulleys for the much anticipated radium wheels once they drop. I understand they will be 120mm? @Tony_Stark?

9 Likes

Thats the 60t on those Radium wheels… track only

Can put me down for a 48t for sure

5 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

I would be down for a set of 60T if they happen.

2 Likes

And those prototypes are 125. V2 is 120 OD.

48T is good in my opinion with 205kv/12S

3 Likes