Powerful RKP street board, anyone else interested?

Not gonna lie bro, I would’ve expected a little better coming from the master himself.
Trucks from China and gear drives?
There is plenty of that.

3 Likes

lol yeah that was terrible I admit.

2 Likes

What are you trying to say?

1 Like

Just giving our master some shit. :+1:

1 Like

Most people don’t know how to actually carve on a snowboard, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’m working on a small production run of boards at the moment that may be close to what you are looking for. Hoping to sell them all locally, but may expand to shipping within the US at some point. The build is very similar to the Torqueboard Street design, but with slightly better components. Will have the first prototype ready this week, the remainder ready for purchase by the end of the year. Here are the specs:

Hummie Deck
BigBen Single Stack Enclosure
12s4p Molicel P26A assembled with the Duck Battery Systems PCB
LLT SmartBMS w/ Bluetooth
VESC TBD (leaning towards either the BKB Xenith or Stormcore)
Boardnamics Split Angle CNC’d RKP Trucks
Custom Length IDEA motor mounts with crossbars
Boardnamics 16t/44t pulleys
Hoyt Zoobomb 111mm wheels (dyed black)
Flipsky Battle Hardened 6354 190kv Motors (sensored/FOC)
Flipsky VX1 Remote (with potentiometer wires upgraded and rewired)

8 Likes

Just had a look at your Flux build, and therefore really looking forward to what you have in mind there :slight_smile: Those parts you listed sound great, obviously. Would be keen to know if you can (or want to?) crack the 25 pound mark, or if ‘lightweight’ in general is an issue for you.

Again, if not, doesn’t matter, the build will be great anyway. Looking forward to your eyecandy.

1 Like

Thank you Sir. These Hummie builds will have the same attention to detail as my Flux. I’m taking a bunch of pics as I go. Trying to decide if it’s worth making build thread here or if I should just document everything on a generic website.

I’ll do a weight check as soon as my first board is complete. No idea on how close it will be to the 25 lb threshold. Either way, I’ll report back!

2 Likes

Yo this sounds sick. Will the board and enclosure be available to purchase separately?

3 Likes

I’m trying to talk them into it.

3 Likes

Is this because it’s a segmented enclosure that it can only do 12s? Pretty long board I would’ve expected more perhaps?

it will do 60 21700 cells. How you configure them would be up to you. We’re shipping 12S5P but 15S4P also works with some clever wiring. (edit: this would make a great performance mod to put on YouTube since we’re basically encouraging after market mods)

My opinion on the matter is that we should buy too many of all of the ingredients so we can sell parts to the DIY market. I think management’s opinion on that is something along the lines of “lets just build the boards first and see how it goes.”

I’m going to continue to keep pushing for it though. I’m pretty sure there are people out there that would not only like the decks but also the 280mm Boardnamics trucks with three angles to choose from and a fixed position outboard gear drive capable of 6396 motors running a 2.22 ratio.

3 Likes

The fact that I would buy this for no good reason…

1 Like

I’ve already bought parts to build a RKP street board like this… I just need the board and enclosure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But the complete sounds dope

1 Like

Shoot id definitely buy a BN280 with nicer adjustable baseplates haha.

Edit - I did it, will report back once i get them in!

2 Likes

DIY is the way to go for a powerful RKP street board. Good RKP trucks/hangers are very limited so BN270’S are the way to go unless you can afford Luna 350’s from @moon (maybe someday) or a set of 275mm from 3dservisas. @Skyart might be able to help with those if your stateside.

This is what I ended up building at my attempt at a powerful RKP street deck. Asides from using pneumatics and super wide trucks, I wanted it to be as close to a normal longboard as possible looks wise

2 Likes

If 6(2wd) 10 kg (4wd) extra is fine you have the most powerful one here :

5 Likes

Love this thing, but the 6 kg bother me, could you make a baby version of it (never hurts the portfolio, no?) :smiley:

Not in terms of power, ofc, I’ll gladly take that :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all,

I think my quest for the holy streetboard is related to this topic, so why not making your mind clicking on it ?

Don’t hesitate to MP me if you are willing to assist me building it,

Have a good (e-)ride !

I modified my Hurricane with Dual Motor Mechanical Kit – DIY Electric Skateboard and I really like it. Put a Stormcore in as well.

2 Likes