Potato 'n' whatever | Jet Potato 33 | 10S4P | Dual Flipsky 6354 | Dual Flipsky 4.12 | 97mm eskating

International shipping from Sickboard.nl isn’t too bad. I would have bought one if I didn’t snatch grozniy’s tayto.

1 Like

Almost impossible to get. I contacted a lot of stores around Europe. Only one managed to have one potato 33 deck left.

https://www.ridewithus.fr/freeride-downhill/203-jet-potato-33-deathrider.html - here I ordered it. It seems that they have green potato 33 in stock. They must have found extra extra piece in warehouse, because when I was ordering, they didn’t have it, they had only one blue left. Order fast, because stock won’t last.

http://theowllongboards.it - don’t order it there. They write that they have decks in stock, but in reality when I made an order, it took them several weeks to reply me that they don’t have it. It’s almost impossible to contact them.

https://x3mboardshop.com/longboards/decks/jet/jet-potato/ - here they have 34 inch potato

There are also somehow similar decks like Jet Vulcan, BKB Tayto, Loaded Truncated Tesseract or UNIK

1 Like

The board was finished 3 weeks ago so at this point I feel bad for not updating this post.

Here are some notes from building and first riding:

• Enclosure barely fits this deck. I had to move it forward so motors don’t hit it. Also since the deck is curved, it barely fits double stack battery inside.
  • I had to use 9mm belts. 12mm didn’t fit. I could have go with 12mm, but it would be very very tight.
  • I used 40A fuse on power wires and 7.5A fuse on charging wires. Had no problem with fuses so far, so 40A seem enough.
  • Currently using 16mm risers. No wheel bite.
  • Wheels 97mm 73A from eskating aren’t that great improvement from chinese 83mm. Or at least I can’t compare them with ABEC11 or Orangatang. I will try to attend some group ride and hopefully someone will let me try their board with different wheels so I can compare.
  • Bushings on Calibers suck. I will be replacing them for riptide 95a.
  • I love Boardnamics motor mounts. Used them with crossbar.
  • Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make Firefly Nano remote, my Heltec board seem to be damaged, so I have build another Firefly.
  • So far I have ridden around 150km in total on this board. Weather suck, so I can’t ride when I want.
  • I like the power of this board compared to my other one. Accelerating fast and going uphill without a problem is wonderful.
  • Didn’t tested top speed since I’m chicken. Slowly I have build confidence to cruise at 36km/h, but that’s where I’m now. I had one fall already, since new wheels are slippery on wet road, so I don’t want to risk it.
  • Didn’t do ultimate range test, but going 30-36km/h in strong wind I was able to go around 32km several times on full battery. And other day I was just cruising at speeds around 25km/h and was able to cover 21km with only 35% of the battery.
  • The board fells super heavy compared to my other one. It weights 9kg.
  • Shame on me, but after I had my fall on wet road I have ordered scooter that I will be using on bad weather days.

Here are some pictures:
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

5 Likes

Hey, how’s the board going? Still running ok? I’m building something similar and am contemplating the 6354 flipsky motors over the TorqueBoards version since flipsky is significantly cheaper. Did you consider TB motors for your build when preparing it?

Hi, I haven’t been riding it as often since it was winter, but I can make some update how I feel about it. I estimate that I have ridden around 300-400km on it so far.

Nothing on the board broke so far except the remote.

I don’t like 9mm belts despite not having problems with them yet, they seem weak. Wider 12mm should tightly fit, but with different wheel pulleys.

I used flipsky motors because of price. I got them from aliexpress during promotion for less than 70usd/pcs. I later found out that the batch I got might have some problem with magnets falling off. But so far I didn’t have problem. Later batches should be fine. Same thing with Flipsky VESCs, during promotions they are under 50usd/pcs on ali.

Caliber II bushings suck. Good for low speed carving, but when riding over 30km/h, they are unstable. Tightening them helped a bit, but it also introduced fast rebound behavior which I didn’t like. I wanted to replace them for barrel Riptide 93A, but these are not sold localy. I went with barrel HPF Venom 93A downhill bushings and it’s different board now. So stable and comfortable. Now I’m even able to hit top speed which is around 43km/h. My weight is 78kg.

Wheels from eskating are not special. I mean, they are ok for the price. However I can’t feel much of a difference from other chinese wheels I have. That being said, I do not own other wheels.

I love the boardnamics motor mounts. He now makes trucks as well, definitely worth checking out.

What I don’t like about the board is the weight around 9kg. My other board is significantly lighter. You can feel it while carrying, pushing and riding. However it is inevitable with dual motor 10S4P build.

1 Like

yeah, the flipsky’s are so much cheaper and more available where i live. very tempted by them.
ive also got Caliber II’s and am concerned about the narrow belts, so good to hear your commetns on this. was thinking of getting a single 220mm boardnamics hanger for the rear truck only so i can fit wider belts, do you know if running a wider rear truck bad for riding? feels kind of sacreligious.
Good to hear about weight stuff, the deck ive got is a wolfshark, whcih i think can squeeze a fair ammount of battery on it, though maybe i won’t know. been toying with 12s2p or 10s3p 40T. that latter i guess would be cheaper esc wise. am researching my first build, so this is all super helpful.