[poll] How much $$$ have YOU spent on ESK8?

Scariest poll…i just realise how much i’ve put into this hobby rn, i wasn’t expecting that much😂

3 Likes

For real I feel attacked haha

2 Likes

Mine is easy to figure out.
Exway X1 $1000
Evolve Bamboo GTX $1800
Personal Build $2700

Been skating 17 months. $320/month. Probably pretty close to what I spend on operating my cars. I don’t have any car payments. Oops. Forgot safety gear. Cars are probably cheaper when they are paid off.

Each board cost $800-900 more than the last one. The next one is going to get silly I guess.

6 Likes

My cats could’ve gone to college for a few semesters with the amount of money I’ve spent on this hobby. Now little Blueberry has to work on the streets

7 Likes

Cats have been diagnosed with COVID. I hope Blueberry is wearing a mask.

1 Like

Yes, just one board here… and I plan to keep it that way.

1 Like

You fucking responsible adult.

4 Likes

i bought a 3d printer just for printing an enclosure.
i should’ve spent it on my board. I’m running single belt drive

1 Like

I can roughly estimate what I have spent as I keep spreadsheets to keep track of my boards. I’m not going to actually go and add it all up but I have given a nice portion of my earnings over the last few years to the esk8 and tool economy.

1 Like

By now I basicly don’t think about how much money something cost, I think about how many battery cells I could have bought with that money instead. A meal for example, that’s 3 battery cells. Guess I’ll go hungry today aswell!

6 Likes

Esk8 > used camry

1 Like

I am in the most common bracket of 1500-4000 :smiley:

Got a Landwheel used for $511 USD (with deck)
Pre-ordered a revel kit for $799 USD
New bushings, wheels, grip tape, lubricant, general maintenance ~$150 USD
Got new batteries for the revel kit for $500 USD
I purchased parts and had a planned hobby build… But then ordered my revel kit… Sold some of it, still down ~$100 USD
Safety gear and broken clothes from hitting asphalt… ~200USD

What is that total?
$2,260

As a 21 year old, that’s quite a bit to spend on a hobby in a little over a year, meh it’s worth!

1 Like

Does broken and taken apart esk8 count? because I only have one running.