[poll] How much $$$ have YOU spent on ESK8?

Just curious:

I’ll start: I’m a college student so I don’t have a ton of $ to spare. I think my spending would be in the net $500 - $1500 range since I got into the hobby.

Estimate your net spending since you got into the hobby (EX: so for example if you purchased parts for your DIY for $900 and then sold some parts you didn’t need for about $150, your net spending would be $750)

Your details aren’t public when you poll (at least that’s how I think I set it up).
Poll currency: US dollar (USD)

• <500
  • 500-1500
  • 1500 - 4000
  • 4000 - 8000
  • 8000+

0 voters

Can’t wait to see the results!

4 Likes

This should be a taboo question. I don’t even wanna think about it. :man_facepalming:

18 Likes

Same… the number of paychecks that have evaporated is scary.

Also I am buying in bulk to build multiple boards at once so that’s why I’m up in the 4K range.

9 Likes

Ermm I don’t want to know :man_facepalming: Is this including tools? If I sold a part would that deduct from my total spent?

4 Likes

I spend on esk8 as much as I make on esk8, and I spend everything I make on esk8 on more esk8 :yum:

14 Likes

Does this include the money saved by not having a car?

There are no negative numbers in the poll.

Loan payment, insurance, property tax, sales tax, gasoline, parking space, new tires – all $0.00.

16 Likes

Is this just one eskate? Or like total ?

3 Likes

I’m assuming lifetime total, which for me is 3-4 years

7 Likes

but then might have to start factoring medical bills :grimacing:

5 Likes

Actually, knock on wood, none of those are from esk8. Trying to keep it that way.

Yes, I’ve wiped out bad about 3 times but no hospital.

4 Likes

yeah include your pulley remover in there lol

1 Like

nooooo lmao

total my man

2 Likes

Are we talking this month oooorr?..

4 Likes

So THIS is how women feel when you ask thier weight. jheeez. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

Yeah… many many monies spent. Pretty sure i’m somewhere in between 20-30k

12 Likes

This makes me feel better about myself.

6 Likes

A lot more than what has been mentioned so far :hot_face:
But only about 1% of the parts are for me :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I broke down the raw cost of raw parts for a board I was on one time to a curious bystander.

He said, “that’s an ok, used Camry”

6 Likes

One board’s first iteration

And now it has new wheels, new motor, new truck hangers, new bearings times two, new enclosure. So that vehicle has cost around 1210+110+90+17+17+25= $1469 to build and keep in service for one year. (1210 construction plus 259 yearly maintenance)

That vehicle is part of a fleet of 4 vehicles. Those 4 vehicles provide 99% of my transportation needs. Occasionally I will use one of those plus a commuter train, or an electric longboard instead. But most of the time it’s solely an electric shortboard.

1 Like