Pocketable Fuel Gauges: pictures and howto [serious]

I would bet it’s 2.1mm as most I’ve seen are. If you don’t know, and have no way to measure, it seems far more likely to be 2.1mm

But I think the best way is to measure the pin with calipers while it it NOT plugged in.

1 Like

if you have a 5.5 x 2.1 jack… plug the fukker in… NOT CONNECTED to the mains… if it don’t fit, then that’s not it…

there is an insulator on all good charger jacks…
if you plug in a 5.5 x 2.5 you don’t know how to science… math not maths (there is only one) is easy

1 Like

Well I love this topic, I made one that was initially plug directly into the charge port but finally opted for another solution by making a connection to the extension cable that goes into the vesc antispark…so that the charge can also be monitored with the voltmeter nice and accurate…also waterproof :slight_smile:

A must have IMO so convenient while riding …

@b264 does this count? Just found out it fits and I’m so fucking happy :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

that’s awesome

2 Likes

Inspired by this thread, I’ve added a USB power supply feature to the voltage indicator.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea

1 Like

Aren’t there any options with smart remotes and screens or smart watches? Sounds like a practical pocket solution, no need to look at the board?

There are many such options, but here are the ones which plug into the charge port :rofl:

In fact, there are so many options, that building battery gauges into boards is long since obsolete.

3 Likes

What accurate reader would you suggest for my bike? I just recently installed a permanent one. But it would be fun to have a portable one I could use for it. C13 plugs

3 Likes

How do I wire it? Project box with a c13 male to female inside and this wired to it?

1 Like

2 many wires 4 ya?

1 Like

Weirdly, it’s the opposite. I seriously love overcomplicated/overengineered setups. And this feels too simple

1 Like

I would not use a project box, I would just epoxy the stuff together.

Thank you for this thread! Saves this noob from more holes(fault points) in enclosure than necessary.
:v:

2 Likes

That’s the reason I made the first one LoL

1 Like

8 Likes

Ran out of JB weld? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Found a better way. This is a more fluid epoxy but I kept it rotating the entire time it cured so it didn’t drip off.

5 Likes