Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Can you measure the inner diameter so we can try to determine what wheels these might fit on?

Internal diameter is around 75-76mm

Looks like berg/sixhsooter size maybe (~71mm ID)

1 Like

First attempt, 1 piece out of 3, everything fits, aside from wrong valve direction.


4 Likes

:doughnut: :doughnut:




Haha, it even clears, there’s no wheelbite on the deck, but there could be wheelbite on the foot, so +5…+10 mm riser.

2 Likes

1 tyre out of 4 was noticeably older and crustier. It started cracking after few hours at 45 PSI.


The other looks new and is alright:

That’s disappointing. I still gonna test them. I only got 4 tyres and gonna be using them on the front. I couldn’t find where to buy just these tires, but there are spare 5x1 tubes on Ali.
At least I would know if pneumatics on my cruiser are worth the hassle.
Hoyt 5" wheels with shipping and taxes would cost me around $700.
Hmm, but If I order just the tires use these tubes and print my hubs, that would “only” be $350.
Haha the whole 5" wheel from Ali cost cheaper than a single Hoyt inner tube.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the Berg gear interface works with the infinityhubs?


Tire wise, no. What do you mean by berg gear interface though just to make sure I’m not misunderstanding.

The 3-lobe interface found on the boardnamics Berg adapters and the avio Berg adapters.

Kinda looks like it’d fit

Ahh then yes, those fit the same 3 bolt pattern :+1:

3 Likes

As a hater of scooter tires on a skateboard, I hate this twice as much! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
image

4 Likes

Made the hubs a bit narrower, these are 60mm m4 screws.

Haha, they do work, tons of grip, don’t feel the bumps at all. And I think there’s quite a bit more rolling resistance compared to madwheel clones. I’d like to try a full set, but I think I would need a whole new board with bigger battery and deck for that to be practical.


4 Likes

How do you inflate both tires?

The valves are on both sides.

1 Like

image
image

3 Likes

So 3 minths on almost and these have been near daily commuters. On an unfattened rim, soon to be rectified thanks @Dinnye, they present a 30mm contact patch so should be able to get quite a bit more out of them once ive applied 20mm spacers.

$18aud

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMSd8QG

3 Likes

When you stretch out a scooter tire, it’s still a scooter tire… :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’ve been running a set of those for over 1000mi, and I also love them. Grip is great, they dont wear down fast, never had a serious flat while riding (just one slow leak i discovered after a couple weeks of sitting). The tubes that came with mine are nice and thick. They mount well on MBS 5-stars, no wobble, haven’t felt the need to balance them.

Highly recommend. Here’s the link I ordered from, for US folks.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msU4qTO

4 Likes

Meaning what exactly? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you content with only being able to skate in very specific areas with good enough pavement? Content with only being able to carve if the road surface is really good? Content with 2x the emergency stopping distance?

Just trying to say there are good reasons to use pneumatics on esk8

2 Likes