Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Hey kids.
I’m looking to gather thoughts on the phatties or Qind 200x75

Have you ran those on your street carvers?
Do you use them now?

Do you like them?

I am especially interested in how they compare to Kenda 200x50

As shown side by side on this stolen picture.

I ponder putting them on my Flux that has kaly Hellcat wides.

1 Like

the qind 200x75 seemingly dont make that much of a difference since they arent really flat unless you run them at very low PSI. I run them on the back of my board with kendas in the front which looks pretty cool

1 Like

I thought it had Tomiboi Hubba Hubs?

1 Like

Those went on the the Khymera

1 Like

Do show…

1 Like

5 Likes

Interesting dude.
If I did not know better i would have thought it was 8 inch Kendas on both ends.

they phatties look more rounded here on the NewBee that I am used to seeing.

1 Like

its a shame they arent truly flat, but it is what it is. I’m excited for my RS tires since those are actually flat

1 Like

@RipTideSports how wide are the wheels you’re using with the 8x3 kart tires?

I put a set on Newbee Pentagrams (65mm wide) and they’re kinda ballooned:

image|690x445

I think Trampa Deep Dish Megastar 9s are 75mm wide, so that might help flatten the profile a bit. Not sure how much difference 10mm will make though. In the meantime I’m going to try a Qind 200x75 on the same wheel to see how flat or balloony they end up.

1 Like

Mine are 3" wide (76mm)

3 Likes

With the way those newbee hubs are made, the bearing seat for both bearings is a part of the front half of the hub - with that in mind, and assuming you have the clearance, you might be able to add width to those hubs with a spacer between the two hub halves. It would push the inside face of the tire inwards and your pulleys though, so youd need to be able to account for that much clearance.

Anyone know whether these tyres are compatible with Trampa Hypa Hubs?

1 Like

I noticed the same thing with the CSTs. They are fantastic tires. Very well balanced and tons of grip, but they do have a low PSI rating. My historical average is 24wh/mile, and with the CSTs I get 28wh/mile.

The lower PSI rating results in a flatter contact patch, and comfy ride, so it’s not all bad news.

I don’t think there would be any issue exceeding the max, and going to 40 or 45 PSI. Tires on cars usually explode from heating up due to underinflation, and typically just lose grip with overinflation. I could be very wrong though - I’m not an expert and I don’t manufacture 4 ply tires. There are plenty of 4 ply tires out there that have higher load written on the sidewall though - see Kenda 909.

2 Likes

I run 15 psi in these:

9 Likes

Bump for 10" options

Other than Meepo, is anyone else coming out with tubeless tires/wheels?

heard whispers of a BKB one

4 Likes

BKB is working to upgrade their 150mm tire into an airless version. They posted on social media several days ago about it.

3 Likes

I guess the best answer for fixing bad valve stems in their tubes is to just get rid of them altogether :laughing:

wait until bad valve stem in rim, then u have a bigger problem :rofl: