Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Serious chunky monkeys!

1 Like

Are you sure theyre the same? The ones trampa have listed are an 8x3, yours seem to be 8x4? If you can source those 8x4 tires, tubes, and a compatible set of hubs for a decent price i’d definitely be interested though.

3 Likes

I have them on a wider wheel, same brand as on the Trampa site

1 Like

Gotcha, fwiw trampa says theyll fit, to the point of even offering the 8x3 tires as an option with their 3.75 inch deepdish megastar hubs. Kinda want to avoid buying from them though, so if you’ve got a rough pricepoint for a full set of those 8x4 wheels with hubs let me know!

1 Like

Tires and tubes only and they are 8" OD, 3" wide and 4" ID. My wheels are unavailable and the hubs are custom.

1 Like

I think I know the answer but just checking… when balancing tires we’re balancing the rim, tire, and tube all combined. So, when you change the tire or tube you’ll have to rebalance right?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Balance beads? Yes or no? :thinking:

Try it and let us know if it works

4 Likes

I have been using 3.5 gram and 7 gram adhesive tire weights with good results.

3 Likes

I just might

If you can get these tires from another source I’ll defo cop a set. Trampa sells them for wayyy too much.

1 Like

Here is a USA source: https://azusaparts.com/product/8-300-x-4-regular-slick-tire-4-ply-3-0-wide-7-8-od/
Plus the best tube to use with this tire is the Azusa part # 7129

5 Likes

Have you tried those on rough/cracked city streets and up/down curbs? How would they faire as a commuter tire?

1 Like

8" OD, 4" ID, 3" width

Yes, real world tested and they are Semi unstoppable

1 Like

@MoeStooge evaluation:

8x3" karting style tire @RipTideSports is running on. We tested on a single drive at intro2.
Wear longevity forever
Grip. 7 of 10
Ride quality 9 of 10
Stability 9 of 10
Rolling resistance 7 of 10
An overall great wheel/tire combo.
This is where pneumatics should be.

1 Like

I ask about rougher terrain as i2s is on some quite smooth flat concrete, and the average intercity commute has bumps, rough patches, light gravel, wooden walkways, bricks and other ground hazards.

I just struggle ot see how an essentially treadless tire performs well at that.

The only place these might be tricky is sand and water. Azusa also has this that will fit the same rim

2 Likes

I am starting to wonder if a larger 8-10" tires would work better on a larger diameter hub…

1 Like