Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Not a lie, just an omission. I can get the tubes for 6x2 to fit nicely in tires for 150x50 but I don’t have any 6x2 hubs to test

1 Like

This looks safe

3 Likes

bruh

1 Like

Imagine doing all the work to design/produce that just to fuck it all up…like well I guess they’ll just die

The best part is the really solid sound it makes when they set it down lol

1 Like

fuck them and their stupid wheel core design

1 Like

… have you ever used these wheels?

Do you know how many are out there

The design is solid, it doesn’t budge one bit

Changing tires is harder than on other wheels though

3 Likes

Are you being serious? there’s no way that would be safe at tire pressure, it didn’t even stay together after assembly

not sure all that can be determined based on the vid

3 Likes

Clearly you do not have a good understanding of this lmao

Again, do you know how many are out there? At least a coupke hundred or more

1 Like

I guess I don’t know about it.

I thought it was something kinda new because there’s no reviews or talk about em that I could find.

And I totally thought that metal retaining ring was a rubber o ring

Nope lol they aren’t new at all, there just isn’t anyone complaining about how much more difficult it is to change the tire, for some reason

And yes it’s a metal retaining clip - I will be reviewing these wheels soon. I have a set and already rode 120 miles on them, just need to record the review. They’re great wheels just a little wonky

2 Likes

I honestly don’t find changing tires on these rims too bad. I have flipsky/sunmate rims on my demonseed build and removing 5 bolts is a lot more cumbersome to me than the retaining clip on the Eovans I put on my girl’s board.

The other benefit is balancing weights on the rims. These don’t separate in the middle of the rim (split apart) so the weights I’ve attached to balance don’t need to be removed to change tires (granted some might need adjustment for rebalancing)

1 Like

That makes sense, to be fair I am making an assumption that it is hard to take out the retaining clip. I’m going to do it in the review video, so we will see

Remove the valve stem core from the tube first. Makes life alot easier when there is 0 air in the tube

1 Like

Alright thanks for the advice

Any other go-to 8 inch tires out there besides Kendas? My set from Boardnamics is pretty wobbly…

@havenever have you balanced the wheels/tires yet? Lead tape did wonders for my wobbly TB wheels. One was too fucky though…

What wheels are you using? With superstar wheels I had to wrap them with electrical tape to get the od to match the tire. And of course you want to balance the wheel/tire with some sort of weights.

You got superstars and 8 inch tires dont fit? They must be 4 inch rim tires?

I’m using the BN GT3 hubs, supposedly run as true as it gets. I think it’s gotta be the tires. Although I haven’t tried seeing if they wobble without tires.