Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

damn you must be light, or you have a really efficient gear ratio and VESC setting.

155lbs, 44:9 ratio

Hmm 4.89 seems like a much better ratio than I’m using at 2.78. maybe that’s how you get such good efficiency

1 Like

I’m getting 12Wh/km as well on soft MBS T3 tires while cruising no wind on bike path as well, even lower sometimes. I’m don’t fully understand this, because 80% similar setup that had 107mm flywheels was getting over 18Wh/km in same riding conditions. I weight 80kg 175lbs. And I run BLDC on my VESCs.

But I’m running two 6354 motors with 60:16 ratio. Motors work most efficiently under certain load and I think I have found sweet spot for cruising. Big motors with big ratio would be less efficient. I assume this is my case.

3 Likes

I’ve had a feeling motor size plays into this, I just didn’t expect smaller to be more efficient. Have you tried with multiple sizes of motor?

2 Likes

Nah, I haven’t tested it directly (or better said, I had 6374 motors on this setup, but these motors were in a bad condition, so it wouldn’t be fair comparison). But there is a thread about it

1 Like

Thanks!

Seems like a lot of these wheels use 608 bearings but the pulleys have 10mm ID bearings.

If you have 8mm axles, (thinking bn220s here) are your best options Torqueboard AT and the new Hoyt St wheels?

You could use wheels like superstars on 8mm axles with 638 bearings. (pulleys with bearing would not fit though).

2 Likes

The 8mm / 10mm differences are minor, just swap 6900 bearings for 608 bearings

It’s when you get to 12mm or some FUB size like 9.525mm that things get difficult.

3 Likes

What are the hole patterns for the Trampa hubs (Superstar, Megastar and Phatladz), I couldnt find this infromation the thread?

As far as I know this is correct for the Trampa Superstars. I made the drawing with various styles of measuring bolt pattern. I use the ring diameter personally. If anyone has a set, please confirm the dimensions.

4 Likes

Thanks @RipTideSports I use the ring diameter measurment also. Do you know if the Superstar, Megastar and Phatladz all have the same bolt pattern?

1 Like

I do not know, sorry. No Tramps in the quiver :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the same. Only the hypa from trampa is a different pattern

2 Likes

Thanks @bboybowzer that’s good to know.

Has anyone got any Trampa hubs and calipers to confirm @RipTideSports hole pattern dimensions?

1 Like

I’ve got some superstar clones and yup it’s accurate for mine anyway

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks mate

Is it possible to fit any tire bigger than 8 inch to Trampa superstars? like a 3d printed hub sleeve or even a harbor freight 8 inch ( 2.5 -4) tire. looking for bigger tires without buying new hubs.

New pneumatics from meepo finally released, haven’t added them to the wiki yet because of lack of information but here’s the announcement

165mm diameter, 65mm wide (nice), hubs that IMO look great and come in lots of colours, set of 4 hubs + tires etc + pulleys for $249, damn

8 Likes