Plutonium Slayer - 4WD TBDDxL 60kv|18s5p P42a| Dual Stormcore 100D

This battery is making me realized that with 30% more series groups there is that many more connections and things to go wrong.

Case and point. Something is up with group 13. Its charging faster then the rest, so either a bad weld or a bad cell in the group, not sure but something is up, will probbaly have to replace the whole group. This is why I always use a smart bms, I would have never caught this otherwise, atleast not this fast.

8 Likes

What bms you using? Been meaning to get one myself

Looks like LLT

1 Like

@Skyart how do you feel about the HV setup?

1. from a building perspective
  2. from a maintenance perspective
  3. from a performance perspective
2 Likes

Probably need a bit more time with it to tell for sure, but so far I like how cool the system is running, and it wasnā€™t too terribly hard to build. The DDs are such a simply drivetrain, there is almost no assembley required, and the stormcores are pretty easy to set up. We shall see over the next few weeks how this set up performs and il make sure to document my findings. First impressions are that HV in this particular build is defienlty an advantage over the old 12s setup, at some point I will also change the drivetrian to outrunners, i have a feeling thats when we will know just how much more performance HV can deliver.

3 Likes

How would you compare the riding of the Evo VS subsonic century?

2 Likes

Pretty much exactly the same lol the centry is a bit wider, and I like that. More room in the enclosure to activities

1 Like

Is it 10 ply? Anything extra such as carbon/glass fiber?

1 Like

I beleave it is 10ply, but no fiber of any kind I donā€™t think. @eBoosted is there anything special about the last few century 40s I got from you?

1 Like

Damn, thatā€™s a beast. To be honest, I thought the Century DS was going to be way too low. Nevertheless, it looks pretty nice and safe.

At this point and time this build seems overkill, but Iā€™m sure itā€™ll become standard in a few months

3 Likes

The 2 century decks you sent me, do they have any fiberglass in them? I donā€™t think so, but thought ide ask

Standard construction is 7 plies of maple with embedded fiberglass :+1:

From subsonic website

4 Likes

Did you change the kingpin nut? Do you know the size you got?

What does HV stand for ???

Looking forward the the update on the Stormcore 100D
I am still looking at the Unity but would like to weigh to pro and cons before choosing one or the other. Please advise and update us at your earliest opportunity.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

2 Likes

HV is high voltage, anything 14s and up is an HV system in this context

4 Likes

All is well, battery has been repaired, turns out i had some cold welds on the negative side of a few cells in a p groupā€¦ battwry is rebuit. Currently uploading a ride video to you tube from a few days ago.

4 Likes

Do share link for our viewing pleasure.

2 Likes

Will do!

Iā€™ve occasionally folded nickel over the cell edge and heard a few pops of welds breaking. Usually when my electrode tips get overly dull.

1 Like