Plutonium 2s reverse mode?

Sorry if this question is stupid, I am a newbie and I did a search before but didnt find anything that helped me:

I am looking for a way to program my Plutonium 2S 4WD to go into reverse mode about the same speed I am going normally. I know about the smart reverse but this only moves the board very slow. So is there anything I can edit in the modes in the app to make the board go reverse with the push of a button on my Puck controller?

Thanks so much for your support!

Yes you can change the smart reverse speed.

Or you can change the throttle input to reverse instead of break

1 Like

You can make changes in VESC Tool to your reverse settings. You can either up the smart reverse speed like mentioned above, or you can change to Current mode (full throttle available both forward and reverse), or Hyst Reverse (have to let off throttle, and press brake twice and on the second press, you have full power available in reverse).

2 Likes

worth mentioning this could seriously throw you off

Thanks for all your replies. I would love to push a button (or press brake twice) and then have the throttle (forward) on my Puck make the board go backwards. And then with the same procedure on the Puck make it go forward again.

How can I achieve this?

In Bioboards app, once connected go to expert settings. Then find the vesc that has ppm+uart and not only uart as app. Change from current smart reverse to current and click write. Make sure you click read first before you change anything.

Be careful, it will go with full power in reverse now.

1 Like

The puck has a reverse button

1 Like

This just switches hands/throttle direction, not board direction

Yeah but once he has the mode thing sorted, the reverse button would be the solution he is looking for here

Ah yeah

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone for all the tips! Will try tomorrow and report if I was successful!

@mackann Thanks so much for the video! I tried and I think it kind of worked but going backwards makes my board stutter and it goes very slow (see video).
Are there any other settings I need to change?

Did you add maximum erpm reverse yourself? It’s not in the standard mode. Increase it to 100 000

That did the trick! Works exactly as I was hoping for. Also many thanks to @glyphiks for pointing out the trick with the remote.

There is one last thing I am struggling with right now: after I changed Max ERPM Reverse to -100000, the default “current smart reverse” behaviour is pretty wild. It goes full throttle as soon as I engage smart reverse. Is there anything I can do to make smart reverse behave like normal while having the option to change to my special reverse mode in expert settings?

You’ll need to play with the negative throttle curve on the puck.

In app settings/ppm/mapping

I found:

• [PPM] Smart Reverse Ramp Time
  • [PPM] Negative Ramping Time

Any of these? I am using the bioboards app and I can’t find settings/ppm/mapping

I would try the smart reverse ramp time.