PLÄÄNK | Leg Throttle | Flight Safe | 10s3p | DV4 | M1GD/TB6355 | TB100

All the P groups are stripped of their shrink tubing and glued together with JB Weld to increase the stronkness :muscle:

The enclosure sections are wetted out with epoxy, filleted and rounded over, and then sanded.

And I got a kweld baaayyybeeeEEEEEEEE :partying_face:

11 Likes

Loving the science here dude!

3 Likes

Please, for the love of Skatan, put a case on that kweld :grimacing:

2 Likes

I know my dude, I can only print so fast :sweat_smile: this literally came in last night, I won’t power it up till then

2 Likes

My DMs are always open to more unsolicited deck pics…that board is gorgeous

3 Likes

lol thanks, I greatly enjoy my deck too

2 Likes

I 3dp’d the case for my first one, and got the laser cut acrylic case for the second. Its a wank, but the acrylic enclosure is super cool :rofl:

1 Like

It sure is, but I spent all my christmas monies already :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Zippety Zap

4 Likes

Zappity zip
The seam between the fish paper rings and the fish paper wrap has always bugged me, especially now that I removed the shrink tubing, so I put fish paper on the inside of my nickel on the positive terminals.

The board is a little too flexy, so I took this opportunity to strip off the spar urethane from the underside, which will definitely go down as one of the most experiences of my life.

I put about 1,000gsm of glass there, a bit sloppy but hey, no one’s going to see it. Again, this tight weave fiberglass is absolute ass to work with, I feel like I would need infusion grade epoxy to get it to wet out correctly.

8 Likes

no more 8s? who is gonna give stooge their competition now?

1 Like

It was a close competition, but I just couldn’t beat him with 6355 Motors and a dv4. This is a step backwards, I know, but I have to learn to live with humility.

1 Like

So no one asks how you ride with the LegStick? Sure the wood work on the deck is something but How does it work?

I use a sorta throttle joystick for my inlines but then my feet are locked in my boots (there’s a fixed reference point on the boot for the throttle position to change) so definitely curious to see what’s your solution for a skateboard🔥

Is the base fixed to the deck? Or you lock your shoe in? How do you brake?

3 Likes

The base is attached to the board behind my trailing heel. The strap on the left attaches under my knee. The lower assembly is a two axis gimbal, and the throttle sensor is attached to the forward/back axis. The telescoping joint provides extension and rotation in the Z axis, and the ball joint at the top provides rotation in pitch and roll. So, I can move freely however I want to on the board, but the throttle sensor only picks up how far I am leaned forwards or backwards. Lean forward to go forward, lean backwards to brake.

2 Likes

@Vanarian hope you wanted feet pics cuz ur getting feet pics

20230110_094606_1

18 Likes

That toe gap could make you a lot of money, young man. Hit up @BillGordon if you want to be a star.

4 Likes

Golly gee mister where do i sign

1 Like

Bru that’s fucking brilliant execution and nice toes :fire:

Just careful do you have a quick detach of some sort in case you need to bail out of the board ?

3 Likes

Yep, the telescoping joint just falls out, there’s no retaining feature. The wire is a small loopkey that shuts off the throttle sensor, so VESC hits the brakes

8 Likes

V3 Legthrottle™: IMU on leg, wireless to VESC :eyes:

6 Likes