Photovoltaic Panels For Night Time…

They can be stacked in layers underwater since they don’t use the sun except indirectly for heating the Earth.

well, I eagerly await your photovoltaic battery technology. hopefully it’s got a better energy density than the cells we currently use.

My ex-boss had a caravan which had solar panels on top that could produce energy from street lanterns. This is the same principle, right?

Room temperature 300k (80F) water emits some 3.5 micrometer photons as black body radiation, even at night or in a room with no lights.

The detector can produce current from this same light, with its temperature also being at the same 300k (80F) temperature.

It sounds impossible till you consider that you can boil water in a indoor coffee machine powered by a freezing solar panel outdoors.

It does sound very much like a perpetual motion machine of the 2nd kind but doesn’t actually violate any laws of physics.

Prof Shartis, is that you?

11 Likes

1st imagine how much energy (or rather power W!) would quickly radiate from the earth, on average, if the sun blinked out (for ex, elon musk in a science fiction puts a giant mirror between earth and sun w/ starship & superheavy)

now you’re pointing a weird solar panel at the earth because its the brightest thing around, from black body radiation, but you can’t see it with your own eyes.

4 Likes

Where is shartsis when we need him?

4 Likes

I started reading this and just quit.
download (1)

4 Likes

It’s a warm summer day, then moments later it’s pitch black.

agreed. OP can u slide into my dms? May be interested.

1 Like

You can get better just on the other side of the 49th parallel