Phase wires shorted -

I’ll have to look into it. But might be better off getting a flipsky vesc from Alibaba.

That looks great. I’ll make sure to add that next time.

1 Like

You’re right, the cables were quite tight. Sorry, what does Prenup mean?

Defo. They look great!

hell yeah, what size fits best for phase wires?

3 Likes

The .40 is perfect for 5.5 bullets, but unfortunately it has to be a length of material per each phase wire. I think the .75 would do nicely if you wanted to keep all the phase wires together in the same sleeve.

The .20 seems like it would be too skinny for even one 5.5 bullet, so if you want to individually wrap the wires before you solder your bullets on… It’s perfect. Otherwise, I would skip it.

3 Likes

I know that the vesc is probably toast. Do you think that the motor is still ok to use?

Would be cheaper probably than a new esc

2 Likes

If it’s busted I nominate @seaborder over Martin.

Martin hasnt been the most consistent person afaik.

3 Likes

Which vesc? (RIP)
@JohnnyMeduse has fixed 3 Focboxes for me, fast and professional. Highly recommend.

5 Likes

It is the hobbyking vesc…

As i was planning to get a flipsky vesc from bangood. I found one on ebay, with much faster shipping for the same price. However, it says V4, but the hardware is V4.12, and is FSVESC rather thanm FSESC. Is this the same thing??

Yea it should be the same thing probably just a typo on the listing, the info in the pictures is correct so I’m sure it’s fine.

1 Like

That also looks like the heat shrink is only on each bullet but not on top after you put them together.

Even if it will not touch each other while riding you can non the less produce a short when it’s getting wet in that place.

3 Likes

Im definitely going to sort that out. Do you think the motor will still be ok?

Great. I might go for it. I’ll have to have a think…

1 Like

consider switching to mr60 connector
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X223LK3/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_BxpKEbX07HGH3

2 Likes

That could be but I definitely would check resistance between the phases and phases to ground before to be sure the windings didn’t short out somewhere else as well.

Phase to phase should be close to 0.XY ohm. A to B, A to C and B to C need to have the same value.
Phases to ground should be open end.

1 Like

I was having an even closer look. And the blue capacitors are different than the ones on the flipsky website. :thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t even notice that, I’m not sure if it’s a different batch or a different product. You are probably safer just getting it from the Flipsky website or buying a different VESC.