Phase & Sensor Wire Connector Discussion

have you done these tests or do you have any links to them?

1 Like

Well depends on the water, salt water not so much. :smiley: Also riding on a wet road is a lot more water than the occasional splash. Personally I wouldn’t trust two small plastic flaps to save my ESC from frying itself, safety concerns not to mention.

I alwas pump the motor side of the MR60 full of silicone, that way you can actually run them under water. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He can’t see what you’re writing, he has blocked you afaik.

I’m really just talking out of my butt tbh

This is me speculating, “I bet”

I don’t have any extra mr60 to test right now but I’m interested to see if what I am speculating is true lol

Just because it doesn’t have an IP rating doesn’t mean it’s useless, but obviously in SunDiego I don’t get a lot of rain to be worried about my connectors, it’s always going to be the enclosure first for me

Lol no, I’m not salty like that, I’ve never blocked a single person on this forum

What reason would I have to block him

I have some spare MR60 and a dual VESC with one side gone, but one side working. I also iirc have a spare motor that’s not fucked. might do this test in the near future.

2 Likes

Lol let me know how it goes!

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I was mistaken then. :slight_smile: There are quite a few though. :smile:

2 Likes

Thoughts on printing one of these to test out as a panel-mount MR60? I know I could use regular MR60’s and epoxy them in, but I’m curious about something like this. Designed it this morning… open to critcism/ideas.

2 Likes

MR60s tend to vibrate out od their sockets, especially on thane boards. My recommendation would be do get the new locking kind or use a different connector. Thats being said, lot of people use them without complaints, so there’s that.

The mount looks good to me, except the holes in the back of the inside part, just get rid of them. It will work fine without and will be less prone to alignment issues.

1 Like

whats the exact name of this female connector i need

ID is 10.45mm long and 3.5mm width
is this a MR30?

2 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

Seem very good and compact connector for motor sensor.
Fischer 0F102

MR30PW-M

1 Like

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrhcd78

These look like a better alternative to Weipu SF12

I hope someone bites the bullet and shows these off, and can say how well they hold up.

SF12 has been… Okay… In my experience.

These are just GX12s in a fancy metal housing, so I’d guess they are the same.

Male pins on the socket no bueno

1 Like

Bitch u got locking MR60’s?

Gib

There were some posted, somewhere. Not in here though.

I know I posted the other various locking types

For example XT60L or XT60-L

& a few others, perhaps even mr30.

But no mr60 iirc… that would be meaningful if they existed

Nah I could’ve sworn I saw locking MR60s somewhere. But yeah, I could never buy any too, thats why I use weipu stuff now. Locking features, water tight, cnc’d metal housing, very nice and very expensive.