Phase & Sensor Wire Connector Discussion

I just need to find the male ends in right-angle or at least not straight out.

Why would you want an right angle?

make the cable stay away from the rotor and the road

Those are quite bulky for an undermount enclosure, especially if its forward facing motors

2 Likes

rear facing motors, I would never go forward facing, that takes away battery space. and motors that stick out look good.

CNlinko ones look nice, but pretty large. Used these on my last build which aren’t so bulky.

NZ$ 4.95 7% Off | 2pin/3pin 18AWG 4pin 20 AWG 5/6pin 22AWG 8pin Black Color Male and Female waterproof Connector For LED strip Applicable 0.75mm sq

2 Likes

I believe the CNlinko LP12 is what BioBoards uses, and I think it’s only a 12mm diameter plug.

depends on the size of what you’re building and how much space you have for connectors I guess

3 Likes

I sure hope you put some waterproofing stuff in that phase connector. :smiley:

3 Likes

CNLink stuff is very bulky, use GX12 or Weipu SF12 / SA12 connectors.

For comparison, right Is cnlinko, left is weipu. Those are rated for the same current and have the same amount of pins. Not a fan of cnlinko anymore.

4 Likes

Weipu are some of the most beautiful, high quality connectors I’ve ever touched

The only downside is they’re like 8.50 each from Aliexpress haha

2 Likes

Absolutely, and those are only the small ones. I use the big SA28s for my phase leads and those are 17.50 a male/female pair. :laughing:

1 Like

I just found them for 7.58 CAD

Aaand it goes to $45 CAD with shipping when I check out 2 sockets and 2 plugs

1 Like

You need to be careful that you select a pair, they are also available in only female / male singles, meaning you get either plug or port, not both.

2 Likes

Yeah I selected the 6 pin pair

1 Like

Ah okay, good. Personally I like the round ports more, but you do you.

1 Like

It’ll be coated in e[oxy anyway m but I like the idea of 4 Fastnet points instead of a pressure fit threaded ring. The round ports are easier to install but I feel like square panel ports are more sturdy

Why would you coat these in epoxy? The round ports need less space, that’s why I like them.

Exxxxtra secure and exxxxxtra waterproof.

Idk, they have a rubber seal, seems a bit over the top to me. :smile:

2 Likes