PEV Packs and Supply

Shipping a board with a permanently installed battery and shipping a loose battery are two different things. Batteries on their own require extra stickers and declarations and stuff.

3 Likes

ah k my bad
thought you did that to
might be wrong

I have. I’m just saying there’s extra stuff you have to do.

2 Likes

it isn’t about the law, its battery being shipped on aircraft, u won’t even have much trouble sending a battery pack on sea freight internationally. the law each country put in, is to protect passenger on the aircraft in case shit goes wrong, and that’s why they require many extra steps to ship just a battery packs but not an equipment that contains battery in it. its a leeway thing, or else the whole world would be sending battery packs on sea freight, and u really don’t want ur battery arrive at ur door dead.

3 Likes

The thicc clear heatshrink in 150mm to 250mm sizes that ships (to the US) in less than 3 months…

3 Likes

Yes mine did. I pointed the Google translate camera thing at it. It always says so on the listing. Daly is a big brand so I don’t think they’d list incorrectly in the name. Also I have many batteries out there with these in them. I’ve had zero issues with clients batteries and the two I have are still perfectly balanced.

1 Like

im here if u need chinese translation :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Shrink, I was curious if anyone would ask for that. It’s very important obviously, but there’s sooo many sizes. 50mm jumps seem a bit much. I’m not sure if I should order just the sizes I use for that, will add that to the poll.

Also the flexible kind being the Polyolefin vs the PVC.

2 Likes

@A13XR3 do you have a rough formula that you use? For the cost of a battery

1 Like

I used an AI algorithm to machine learn the demand based on aggregated data from every commonly used eskate discussion forum, including but not limited to; .news, Facebook, and endless sphere. It grabbed potential numbers of competitors and attempted to located and use their pricing, based on the posting verbiage. I input cell sources to pull and update cost, as well as material costs and common pack sizes for the starter data. The output is then pricing data related to specific pack size which I round up to the nearest whole dollar. There is some discrepancies due to material shipping costs being inconsistent and hard to gather, so I just have an adjustment factor for that.

*jokes aside it’s just an excel spreadsheet that formulates all costs of each pack size to a final price. I do plan to have pricing listed on my website, organized by cell type if there is actually a good way to organize it and not just have 60 listings for each pack the customer would have to scroll through.

6 Likes

Are you planning on selling cells welded in parallel? - For those of us who would like to build a battery, but don’t have a spot welder?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s also in the plans. Probably sooner as well. My main concern here is safe shipping. That type of thing can easily short so I need to be to 100% sure there is no chance of that happening.

2 Likes

You had me for a moment there

9 Likes

Maybe you should label your battery packs as large “powerbanks” for cell phones, so you can meet the battery in equipment classification. :grinning::thinking:

1 Like

yeah a 50v 50ah powerbank weighing 10kg

How else am I supposed to power my electric dab rig?

1 Like

might not hurt to have a few k-welder kits.
New battery builders can buy everything they need in your one stop shop with fast domestic shipping

3 Likes

bit pricy though

Something I’ll look into, there is already a US distributer, so it will also be up to kweld if they’re looking for a second one.

2 Likes

Nickel has arrived! And lasted 24 hours scratched up in salt brine with no rust (pic blow)

Pricing is going by weight for now. As reference:
– You’d need 100G of .2x30 for a 12S4P 21700 flat pack
– You’d need 70G of .2x25 for a 12S4P 18650 flat pack
– The .1x8mm is for BMS tabs or things of that sort, 1g ~10cm, shouldn’t need much

3 Likes