Park board… possible?

:flushed:

1 Like

TBH for actually riding in a park, I feel like the Bustin Yo Face Hybrid is about as good as it could get. If you’re actually riding a bowl at a park with something I feel like you should be able to do some grinds at the minimum and the only way I see that being a thing really is hub motors. Even trucks for hub motors might be kind of awkward, but not nearly as bad as having pulleys and mounts and stuff in the way. Idk if the enclosure would handle it well, but if it’s sturdy enough I think you could also rock and roll or whatever on it. I guess the ideal to me would be integrated deck + hubs, but I haven’t seen many of those that aren’t weird shapes and carbon fiber or something in small dual hub boards.

Do those metal plates come on the Booger, or were they added?

They come standard with the skatepark version of the booger, which hasn’t been released yet. Will have even stronger armor

1 Like

What slides have you done on it successfully? Have you tested grinds on different rail profiles or concrete edges?

Everything.

Yes and No.
I love and respect where this is going and not trying to steer you in a certain direction but let me throw
a few cents into the mix.

The Nose and Tail makes sense but remember a snowboard does not have these yet they still make
it happen. I agree the nose and tail are needed as a base to begin learning more advance moves like
noseslide, boardslide, bluntslide, tree slide etc.

Some of these tricks really depends on how you enter the trick and how you hold the trick.
Then there is style, most can ollie but only one can ollie like you ollie.
IE style. Skate, Bmx, Surf, Snow is all based on Tech + Style = Score.

So the nose and tail are needed but maybe not for the slide as you can actually wax
an area and slide the wheels like a snowboard if you try. Same for this on sand or tree limbs.

Board shapes that help riders get the leverage they need in and out of obstacles is what I see
as needed. A popsicle goes so far and works well, but look at Andy Anderson board on youtube.
Brallie does a rundown with him showing off why each curve is the way it is. Also the board is not
symmetrical but rides as if it is.

I don’t think we truly need the nose and tail in the traditional way but more of a way to use that
area to leverage when trying to slide, stall, flip, grind etc.

This is a long video but if you want to learn history as well as shape as well as a new school take on the
old school and new age shit then meet ANDY ANDERSON below.

An here is 6 mins of WTF DID I JUST WATCH SK8ING!

3 Likes