Park board… possible?

@tomiboi :astonished: Very much ominous….

1 Like

I thought Hoyt St’s came out already Hoyt St Boo'ger SP (Skatepark Version) Coming 2022

1 Like

Im going to say, you can ride the bowl with this and send it out the bowl. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What exactly would a park deck look like? What features does it need? I’d have to be able to do all kinds of slides. So there needs to be a nose and tail. In my opinion the battery and other electronics need to be on top and out of harm’s way.
Some nice toe-hooks would be nice too… I wonder where I can find some :joy:

3 Likes

Here’s a pic of a prototype. I need to remake the mold for it. You can’t see in the pic, but there is kick tail/nose.

4 Likes

That would probably ride the bowl really well. Keep us updated!

1 Like

@tomiboi how long have you been working on this? I also was thinking that hub motors would be ideal for a project like this. I was thinking like custom 54mm dual hub setup and like a slim 10s pack could be pretty tough and work better than say a top mounted pack as far as cg goes and then the hub motors would probs last longer than belt drive.

I’ve been working on a free-style/park concept for a while. I made a park board with a single hub motor and liked the result. You only need the motor so that you don’t need to kick, so one motor is enough unless you’re a fatty. It keeps the build lightweight, simple and inexpensive.
As far as enclosures are concerned, I feel like a small top-mounted pelican case would have to be the best option. That way you can thrash the bottom. Pelican-style cases are great for the job. Super rugged. I wouldn’t even put my on/off button or charging port on the outside. I’d keep it in the case where it’s safe. It’s easy to get in and out of a pelican case anyway.

Why not inside the deck though.

Like integrated-deck style?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

IMO it needs a popsicle deck with an integrated battery and some additional protection on the bottom for doing rail slides. Also beefier wood on top so one can slide on both sides.

My argument against integrated battery decks is that they are heavy and expensive. A simple deck with a pelican box is light and inexpensive. It would also be easy to get into a pelican case to swap the battery.

1 Like

@tomiboi

Well, I’m a 80 pound kid so probably one motor would do. What hub motor did you use? I was thinking, like @b264, a intigrated battery. However the pelican case could prove to be more sturdy. I also think if you want to replicate the speed of a normal skateboard you probably could get away with 6s, or if you wanted more power you could go with 10s.

I guess this really shows how lazy we all are. :smiley::joy: I mean the lengths were going to just to make it so we don’t have to kick along…

1 Like

So kinda like this, except with a battery?

5 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. I just want to take the modern freestyle/park board and adapt it to esk8.

@tomiboi What hub motor did you use?

1 Like

It’s been done.

13 Likes

Wow! Talk about being scraped up.

Yeah it’s been under extreme testing

3 Likes