parallel Panasonic 21700 worth it?

I have a boundmotor Panasonic 21700 battery. I ride at around 30mph in the streets usually and the sag isn’t too bad but when i go flat out at 40mph my battery sags like crazy(its only 70a discharge and i run it at 30a per side ). wish i knew about voltage sag before i bought my battery but in yalls opinion do you think it would be worth it to buy another and run them in parallel or just buy a molicel 12s8p? would hate to have my current battery sit around but also would hate to buy another Panasonic and still hate the performance if the two in parallel weren’t enough for constant high speeds.

2 Likes

You’ll most likely get good results with either option, but if you upgrade to a 12s8p you’ll have a spare battery to build another board out of.

1 Like

Which will sag than again…

Depends, you could set a low current limit and build a lighter slower board around it. Different battery for a different purpose. Not every board needs to be a fast board.

If you don’t want it to go to waste the best bet is to parallel it. I use a 140A battery pack and it still sags at high speed but not as much.

Just offering some suggestions and perspective. It’s up to you in the end right.

1 Like