Palpitation :Budget trike

Project Overview:

Ive really wanted ṭo trike it up over the last few years and it occurred to me today that i have most of the component pieces laying about doing bugger all…

Found roadside so no cost… Flying start but also its shot and will need a good tidy up and repair.

Bought a few years ago but i hardly use it now. Im not prepared to put bindings on it so committing offroad is tricky, its so damn heavy, i did take it out a couple of times on the moto x track during covid lockdowns, its still in great nic and i hope a good part of this project… or at least a source of parts… Ive done over a thousand k’s on the planetary gear drives and they still look brand new so Im hoping to pirate a set for the trike and then I’ll have plenty of spares from the other end. I picked the board up a few years ago for $1800 AUD so pretty cheap really and I had a lot of fun on it, Handles like a tank tho and it’s responsible for my broken shoulder… well… it was mostly my own fault, but I was riding it at the time.

I have two of these packs (one still in the M24) that I want to use, I had a few cut outs at about half battery on the pack above which I never got to the bottom of but voltage seems to be OK so I dunno… They sent me a replacement but it should be ok for this purpose anyway, at least I wont be propelled off it.

I have a spare Stormcore and Ubox laying about so will probably just ditch the ones in it currently, I dont know if much can be done with them, dual Lingyi… AFAIK they cant really be programmed further. I dont know yet, I may end up using it to keep costs down… and spares

These are the component pieces I have so far, much work to be done on all of them. It should be a fun project and I’m sure I’ll be hitting many a hurdle. I might even have dust off my old CAD skills fro a few bits.

Total Running cost $1800

11 Likes

Reserved Trike refurb

Reserved Battery

Haha nice. Should be a fun little project.

3 Likes

This project has had the revival button pressed this morning because Easter Sunday is a day revival as I understand it, at least thats how the story goes… so I ripped this out of a spider and snake infested corner of the yard that its been occupying and looked at it. A year later brought a few things to the table, such as…

Where the battery and controller should go, also what mods will be required to make the seating position adjustable and with shock absorbing bum friendliness.

plenty of room to work with here.

with a bit of drilling and shim making, this shouldn’t pose any issues apart from the ones that I don’t know that I don’t know about.

Edit:

…for example, the first 2 fucking screws.

3 Likes

Mate, check out the bolt i had to get out on Friday, you’ll be right!

1 Like

That on the van?

Yep, much work to be done on it.

How you doing bum suspension?

Will do a sprung plate over the battery like an upside down trampa truck… only nice

1 Like