Ownboard Zeus Discussion

worst case is that you can build your ZEUS with your own DIY P42A/P42B (later on) for better acceleration with giving up range.

I feel like at that point you might want to upgrade the motors too. If you want to do mods it might make more sense to get the hurricane so you’d only have to maybe mod the trucks and the esc.

1 Like

Those motors are fine I think

2 Likes

they have the same motors.

Just looking at all the photos… why the fuck did they make that baseplate so tall? You could drive a truck under this thing

So what’s the consensus between hurricane and Zeus?

Zeus looks better (imo)
Zeus has the bigger battery
Zeus has the “higher” top speed
Hurricane has the better cells?
Hurricane has less sag
Hurricane has the better Price (sale)
Hurricane has more punch.

Zeus uses TKP - Hurricane uses DKP.
According to ownboard the TKP is just a DPK without the middle part, so the hurricane could be swapped over to TKP.

*Comparison between both is in stock configuration, no gearing changes etc.

About right?

4 Likes

these are about gearing, unless u r just gonna use it as default

1 Like

Tkp vs dkp. If the stupid baseplates weren’t so fucking enormous, i’d strongly consider buying the zeus.

3 Likes

I’m going by stock boards, without mods, yes

Right!

2 Likes

What’s the deciding factor for you to not go with the hurricane?

2 Likes

#fuckdkp

3 Likes

Remove the middle part = TKP, no?

1 Like

:man_shrugging: might work, might not. If i was buying a production board i wouldn’t be buying it to mod it.

I wouldn’t ever really buy one of these, but they do seem to be great value.

3 Likes

My concern is that these dkp bushing seats looks so thin and flimsy. Not sure how they hold up with my fat ass on it, and my board abuse.

I’m about to maaaybe buy the hurricane (Vat and 2 months shipping time kinda kill it) but I’m sick of diy i think. The hurricane has sparked something inside me. Kinda like an esk8 Revival for me.

1 Like

Keep the fire burning. I think both boards seem to be solid options, and you’d likely be very happy with either.

4 Likes

the Zeus has CNC split angle baseplates, not just removing the middle part of the DKP.

OB is coming out with a higher output ESC for the zeus. I’m sure it’s not going to be as punchy as the Hurricane, but it’ll bridge the gap for sure. I think OB should have made the board 12s4P with the P42A to compete with the Hurricane, the TKP is carvy yet stable even with softer bushings.

1 Like

They need to sell it, so i can transform the hurricane.

Speaking of TKP, see the hurricane post :joy:

1 Like

That’s interesting about the new esc. Where’d you hear that? I wonder how effective that will be, since there is already some battery sag and the battery doesn’t have very good continuous current discharge rating. Also wondering if current owners (me) will get a discount to get the new esc.
I agree the Zeus with p42a would really tip the scales in the hurricane vs Zeus debate.

Also I feel like converting hurricane dkp to tkp would introduce clearance issues if running the 90mm wheels. Doesn’t seem ideal.

it doesn’t work, i just tried it few hrs ago, see the hurricane thread :joy:

3 Likes