Ownboard Zeus Discussion

Omg that’s super valuable. It seems like my best option is just adjusting gearing since that’s (I’m assuming here) quite a bit cheaper than new vesc, and allows me the comfort of keeping the 120 cloudwheels.
So, if the stock top speed is 37mph and I only really need 85% of that speed, I should look to increase the pulley ratio by about 15%?? Or is that too easy? Also, are products available with this level of personal customization? Or does ownboard have some proprietary BS and only offer a few pulley size option? In other words, once I determine my ideal ratio, how do I make that a reality, and do u have a suggested website or place to shop? Thanks again do u accept tips? Lol

1 Like

their axle is probably the step down crap that most chinese board have been using, the last two three years. their bearing have two ID size that sits on different part of the axle

2 Likes

I only speak noob :grimacing:

@EDness would u by any chance have a pic of the wheel pulley off the axle? what’s the step down on it? 10mm to 8mm?

1 Like

Still waiting for the board in the mail :joy:

2 Likes

Step down axles are axles made in one piece but with multiple different diameters at different points. Pictures of some here, basically the part nearest the hanger has a wide diameter for extra strength and for mounting some bigger mountain board type stuff. The longer end is thinner, usually down to the standard 8mm that longboards use, so you can use standard bearings and parts there.

What Frame is saying is that it’s a pain in the ass to use them because if your parts don’t line up properly you need them to sit on both like a 10 or 15mm axle, and an 8mm. I think he’s also saying that there are proprietary parts designed to sit between the 2, and they’re even more annoying to find replacements for, but I haven’t seen the Chinese stuff he’s talking about so idk

4 Likes

It’s the same as the evolve dkp hangers. 10mm to 8mm axle. All pulleys and hubs from evolve fits.

I wish there’s a bigger abec pulley out there. I have a 45T and can’t find one bigger.

4 Likes

its the backfire and exway pulley that sits on two different dia of the axle, but they never meant for end user to use any other bearing than theirs :man_shrugging:t2:

cool thx

4 Likes

Only if I can find a D shaft motor pulley in 14T. Then it’ll be perfect.

Can a ZEUS own measure the entire length including the wheels/motors? I know the deck is 38.xx inches long. Want to compare it to the Meepo Hurricane which is over 44inches long.

Are you sure that just the deck is 44" and not the total length?

I think the entire Meepo Hurricane is over 44inches long. I think the deck itself is 39+ inches. I can’t believe nobody has a FACTUAL measurement of the entire board.

2 Likes

Guess this belongs over here a bit more although both discussions are about both boards now lol

i really like the boards design and big battery.

What do you think about switching the motor to torqueboards direct drives & switching the ESC for more A?

I’m from germany… thats why i prefer direct drives.

1 Like

The battery in the zeus is already being pushed to its limit with the stock config. If you want to do upgrades like what you describe, you should go with the Meepo because it has more battery headroom.

3 Likes

Measurements at 0:52. Also shows you the guts :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/yeL2bVNbdJ0

Thanks but I know the board is 38-39inches as it’s described in the website. I need to know the entire measurement since my car has limited space. I’m guessing it’s 42-43inches total (from the rear of the motors to the very front (either the deck or with the cloudwheels).

Oh ok sorry if I think of it I’ll measure when I get home but yeah your estimate sounds close

1 Like

Sorry we’ve been posting across two threads for others interested the total length on clouds including motors is 41.75”. The wheels stick out past the nose of the deck so length is a little shorter/longer if using smaller/bigger wheels

1 Like

Thank you for a definitive answer! I suppose the Hurricane is gonna be too long for my little Fiat. How long have you had the Zeus? Have you ridden other boards? Once again a BIG THANK YOU. I’ll be ordering mine soon!