Overwhelmed by Possibilities

Or i did something wrong, or you did as I’m getting different numbers lmao

My bad; I did 5:1 ratio :man_facepalming:
Updated the pictures!

1 Like

Would you still go for the 190 with the updated speeds?

How DARE you, sir! I thought we were friends, and then you go and disparage my beautiful Mistfall like that!

3 Likes

Okay so thinking about the “Origami” battery pack, i think I can make a pack that fits the trampa carver deck and a hypothetical box, the only thing is that it might be too long to be useful.

To make it safe i would 3d print a internal structure for the top cells to rest (on top of the bottom ones), and to keep the soldered wires from having to much strain on them.

I don’t know if it is easy to understand by the drawings:

The pack would be folded to be 8 p groups on the bottom and 6 on the top, with an spacer between them.

Get gear drives from either @Boardnamics or @moon they are better than the offerings from 3ds in my opinion.

They both gave ratios of up to over 5:1 , which will give you much more torque than the 3ds 's maximum of 4:1. I think moon is coming out with a 6:1 ratio soon

4 Likes

I have used the M1 BN geardrive a lot, and I would happily buy another one (this case AT), but in my current situation, buying any geardrive i think it’s more expensive than buying lower kV motors, my current 3d servisas are 4’5:1 which isn’t too bad.

I could get that to 5 by buying the motor pinions but they’re (between shipping and tax) arround 100€ for the pair.

Moons gears would be perfect as the main problem with boardnamics is shipping times to Spain. Moons will suffer front extra taxing anyways since Brexit :frowning: .

I will check my options to see if I can get a moons.

@3DServisas gear drives have always treaded me well, I pretty much only use their stuff for drivetrains I am building, I have successfully used them for years, I’ve had many a Bioboard pass through my hands for various repairs, but its never been the gear drives that need service, and forum members here have 3Ds gear drives with thousands of miles on them. highly recommend you go with them.

This is inaccurate

Finality is available with 1:5 gearing. I don’t see much point in going higher then 1:5 even 1:5 is really high, with a 190kv motor and 12s you are looking at a top speed under 20, but especially for 14s and 140kv motors…1:4 is going to be insanely torque, and 1:5 forget about it LOL move aircraft carriers with that thing.

1 Like

I am so happy I’m wrong about this!

These gear drives are the only plastic ones I would actually recommend because they really do stop all forms of liquid ingress. If you’re not going to be doing any crazy stuff that would impact the drives (they’re still plastic) these drives are probably going to last and insanely long time.

3 Likes

Heh

no? My mtb is this exact setup and goes faster than that lol

Top speed of mine is like 34

sorry, i just plugged the numbers into our calc here, its not the most accurate

so did I lol

1 Like

Ahh! Wheels size…I think I left it at 83 or whatever the auto fill is

1 Like

Right hahah

I’m on 20s 140kv 5.2:1 and 200mm wheels. It’s fun as hell!

1 Like

My set up was 1:3 with 100kv motors, but il be changing them to 173kv soon. 18s and 225mm tire, handle some pretty rough stuff well, although I did not do any jumping, and only had this for about 2 weeks, the plastic held up just fine.

Time will tell!

2 Likes

I mean I think this is the main killer

Every time I jump on asphalt I imagine how much impact goes into my BN AT drives lol

3 Likes

I am currently building a complete for someone who is specifically going to use it for jumping, putting finality on it too. 100% confident it will be just fine. But yeah will report back with his experiences.

4 Likes

I think the finality system does a good job of transferring load too, so it might be, but will be interesting to see.

However, I would think finality would be worse for jumping because of weight haha

1 Like