Overwhelmed by Possibilities

Yeah but this trampa deck it’s like 85 cm long, which is very short lol, top mount could be an option, but the deck have beautiful lights integrated on top and I don’t want to ruin them!

Shit, Trampa CARVER deck, important detail there​:rofl::rofl: i forgot to add the name lmao. It is a lot shorter than trampa MTB decks!

Ah okay, yeah don’t put an off road setup on that

Is it the 20 or 35 degree nose version?

2 Likes

35 degree one, i think the Luna trucks, the apex airs or something like that with bergs or small pneumatics will make an awesome board for joy rides, that is also kind of portable!

The difference:
Carver

Normal MTB

1 Like

Gross, go for the Haero for sure

2 Likes

It’s this deck btw

2 Likes

Fuck that does look nice though

1 Like

Considering the high frequency noise generated by the EL wire and EL panel, mounting the ESC & receiver in a top-mounted enclosure makes a lot of sense imo

1 Like

Im totally doing this if I get the bro as spending arrownd 100€ in a box for the vesc it’s pretty much out of the question. (I could 3d print one tho).

Take in account it’s the carver short one, not the MTB one:

Totally agree, it would also qualify the board as an ultra board as I can put it upside down and only the wheels touch the floor!

Im afraid 4p it’s probably not enough for me range ways in 8 inch wheels… I think I will stick with the 14s 5p that i initially intended (i already have a BMS for it) with a possible 16s upgrade as if I pick the haero bro I can probably fit a lot more cells.

I’m currently in the process of thinking a way to build the battery in a way I could use it for two builds at once ( as if in the future if I want to build the trampa carver board I would just need to buy drivetrain and wheels)

I totally need 140kv ones as I’m not going to go 80kmh anytime soon :rofl::rofl: (or ever in an Esk8, I’m prone to falling)

1 Like

It is right? It is also so bouncy, and looks like great fun, also the size its perfect as it fits in my trunk, haero does not fit in a million years lmao

I didn’t realize this deck had wings, so that + the soft grip tape would probably be fine without bindings.

16s4p = 64 cells
14s5p = 70 cells
It’s basically the same, just do whatever fills the enclosure up the most! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

14s 140kv 200mm 4.5 ratio 86% efficiency

14s 190kv 200mm 4.5 ratio 86% efficiency

I would go for the 190kv if you did 14s personally

3 Likes

Or i did something wrong, or you did as I’m getting different numbers lmao

My bad; I did 5:1 ratio :man_facepalming:
Updated the pictures!

1 Like

Would you still go for the 190 with the updated speeds?

How DARE you, sir! I thought we were friends, and then you go and disparage my beautiful Mistfall like that!

3 Likes

Okay so thinking about the “Origami” battery pack, i think I can make a pack that fits the trampa carver deck and a hypothetical box, the only thing is that it might be too long to be useful.

To make it safe i would 3d print a internal structure for the top cells to rest (on top of the bottom ones), and to keep the soldered wires from having to much strain on them.

I don’t know if it is easy to understand by the drawings:

The pack would be folded to be 8 p groups on the bottom and 6 on the top, with an spacer between them.

Get gear drives from either @Boardnamics or @moon they are better than the offerings from 3ds in my opinion.

They both gave ratios of up to over 5:1 , which will give you much more torque than the 3ds 's maximum of 4:1. I think moon is coming out with a 6:1 ratio soon

4 Likes

I have used the M1 BN geardrive a lot, and I would happily buy another one (this case AT), but in my current situation, buying any geardrive i think it’s more expensive than buying lower kV motors, my current 3d servisas are 4’5:1 which isn’t too bad.

I could get that to 5 by buying the motor pinions but they’re (between shipping and tax) arround 100€ for the pair.

Moons gears would be perfect as the main problem with boardnamics is shipping times to Spain. Moons will suffer front extra taxing anyways since Brexit :frowning: .

I will check my options to see if I can get a moons.

@3DServisas gear drives have always treaded me well, I pretty much only use their stuff for drivetrains I am building, I have successfully used them for years, I’ve had many a Bioboard pass through my hands for various repairs, but its never been the gear drives that need service, and forum members here have 3Ds gear drives with thousands of miles on them. highly recommend you go with them.

This is inaccurate

Finality is available with 1:5 gearing. I don’t see much point in going higher then 1:5 even 1:5 is really high, with a 190kv motor and 12s you are looking at a top speed under 20, but especially for 14s and 140kv motors…1:4 is going to be insanely torque, and 1:5 forget about it LOL move aircraft carriers with that thing.

1 Like

I am so happy I’m wrong about this!

These gear drives are the only plastic ones I would actually recommend because they really do stop all forms of liquid ingress. If you’re not going to be doing any crazy stuff that would impact the drives (they’re still plastic) these drives are probably going to last and insanely long time.

3 Likes