Oregon Coast Esk8. Who else is out here with me? Coos County

Been riding around (Coos Bay-North Bend Oregon) wishing I had some buddies. I’ve so far found the local legend, a 60 year old guy who owns more boards than some shops. And I’ve made a local Facebook group for us Coos-County people.
Even if you’re far from Coos. I’d love to meet my Eugene, Portland and other area riders.
Where You guys from?

Also, It’s my first day on here. Loving everything I’m reading. Super interested in building boards to sell as I used to build RC’s and sell those.

6 Likes

I’m in Albany, but like to ride in several cities nearby (Eugene/Springfield, Corvallis, Salem, etc.).

I also build and fly FPV quadcopters.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I’m in the Portland metro area (specifically Hillsboro). Some good esk8 and other PEV action in Portland. Reach out if you come around here :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Florence

2 Likes

How did I not know this? You’re practically in my backyard!

1 Like

Yeah @DeckerBoards let’s do some riding this spring! We can hang in Portland, or ride on the coast! I’m no stranger to riding my board on the beach haha.

And we got @DuckBatterySystems @hoytskate and Metroboard headquartered 'round here too

3 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the replies, Glad to connect. My Wife’s grandparents live in Florence, So i’ll totally be able to come down.
What are you guys riding? I have a budget board, and a Backfire RangerX3 on the way!

My budget board is some unbranded single hub drive POS that rides smooth and nice, goes about 10-15 on the best paths, I was gonna custom it into a mini drop deck for my son to use. I also Have a nice D-37" Analog Bustin Drop deck I may swap to a double direct drive with a top mounted enclosure.

The Ranger X3 hasn’t arrived but I know I’m gonna be in love. Being on the coast it being so wet here so often, I would be appreciative of any advice on what you fellow coasties do for Waterproofing. Also I have been scouring this forum and learning.

Most of everyone here is going to be riding something DIY built.

That is super cool that you plan to ride with your son. How old is he? I started my kids off pretty young, although my son started riding sitting down so he could keep up with me. Here is a clip of him riding from last year:
giphy

He is planning to transition to a stand up board soon. We are going to work on an MTB build for him this Spring/Summer.

Conformal coating is a great method. Most people are using a sealable gasket around the enclosure.

1 Like

Thats a sick video! My son is 8 years old and i could probably get him standing within a few sessions but yeah that seat looks kickass for a youngster. Did you make the seat? I literally envisioned doing this for fun a while back. Looks awesome on the terf!

1 Like

We took a kids size plastic chair, chopped the legs off and bolted it to a longboard deck. The board is extremely stable with RKP trucks and split angle baseplates.

Here is an updated picture. We had to make him a PVC pipe extension since he’s growing like a weed. Also added a bike flag to the back so everyone can see him.

3 Likes

This thing looks wayyy too badass. Nice!

1 Like

Bro, this thing is sweet!
@PedroMcJimenez @whaddys

4 Likes

duuuuuude, YEEZZZZZ. oh I’ll bet that thing is a blast and u could drift on those thanes. beeeeeeautiful

1 Like

The board was originally rear wheel drive. It worked great but my kids kept doing accidental wheelies. Pretty easy to do with all the weight being on the back of the board. I had to convert the board to front wheel drive to eliminate that problem. Front wheel drive also helped shift more weight to the front of the board, which helped with stability.

BTW @DeckerBoards sorry to derail your thread!

Be careful hanging around here dude…
Diy can be a slippery slope…